A Promise(Chapter-4)

As Juvia walked home in the pouring rain, she began to think about her horrible day.

She was made fun of as per usual, had her personal journal stolen, got detention, had her bully apologize to her and act as if they could be friends, and now she was walking to her abusive home in the pooring rain. She truly hated her life.

Juvia looked up into the dark and gloomy sky. She wanted to cry so badly but she's cried so many times already, that it seemed as if she's run out of tears to shead. But in some way, when she felt like this. People could always find away to open her reserve of tears and allow them to fall.

"Hey Juvia!" some called out from behind her. She turned around and frowned. "Hi" she simply said before turning around again and continue walking home. "W-wait a second! Its pouring out, do you want to share my umbrella?"

Juvia simply shook her head. "But you'll catch a cold" he insisted. "Its fine" she told him. "Oh...well at least let me walk you home" he continued. "I'm almost home..."

"Well, I'll just walk with you the rest of the way then" he smiled. She stopped walking.

"Look, Lyon. Juvia just wants to be left alone. She's been through hell today and the last thing she needs is you bothering her!" she barked at him.

"Oh..." Lyon frowned. "I'm sorry I didn't know. Ill just give you some space..." he told her before turning around and leaving. Juvia alone in the pouring rain.

She signed and continued her walk home, alone. She preferred it this way, just herself and her cold and dreary rain. Not that she had thought this before, but its just that now shes gotton used to it and is now her norm. Though she did wish for it to go away, it was her only friend. The only thing that constantly followed her and kept her company. But, it was also her greatest enemy....the cause of all her pain and dispair.

As she turned into her drive way, a sense of uneasieness and dread came upon her. Juvias heart began to race. She knew what was going to happen, and was doing her best to try and prepare for it.

She now stood in front of her houses door. As soon she would open the door, her torture would begin. taking a deep breath she tried the door knob. It wasnt locked so she pushed it open.

As she stepped into the apartment, the smell of alcohol stung her nostrils. Her house reacked of it. Juvia walked in and looked around the room. She saw her father leaning over the kitchen sink with his head in his hands, mummbling incoherent words.

She gulped and took of her dirty, old, and now soaked converse. She placed her backpack down on the couch before going into the kithcen.

"F-father...?" She stuttered. "...why are you late?" He hissed. "J-juvia is sorry but--"

"But nothing! And stop that stupid third person crap!" He boomed as he quickly turned towards her. Juvia flinched at the sudden out burst.

"J-juvia c-cant help it...it's just how she is" she stuttered as tears brimmed her eyes. "Then change how you are! You're utterly annoying and you refuse to listen! And now you come home--" she cut him off.

"It isn't Juvias fault. Sh-"

Before she could even realize what she had done, Juvia fell to the floor, holding her now red cheek. She looked up at her father in horror as he loomed over her frail body. "You...do not...Interrupt me when Im talking to you!" He roared as he pulled her up by her soaking wet hair.

Tears poured from her eyes as she grasped at his hand blindly, desperatlt trying to use it as support. And ease the pain. "Listen here you worthless price of shit! Do.not.EVER! Disrespect me like that again or I'll really hurt you. Am I understood?" He said through his teeth as he held the poor girl closer to has face.