PART 13, AUTHOR'S NOTE - 2/22/15, 12:23am

Okay. I just posted the final section of Part 12.

I'm sure the cop will accept it. He has to. It's one of the longest parts yet, and tons happens in it, especially after Ashley and everyone arrive in the city. I didn't even realize how much I'd written until I'd finished everything that I'd outlined for Part 12, ending with Ashley silently toasting her dad in a New York bar, just like I'd originally planned.

Now, I'm just waiting for the cop. The second after I posted, I pounded on the door and called out to him that I'd finished.

Then I went to the window and called out to Kyle.

But there was no answer. And he still hasn't answered. The rain has stopped, but it's still so dark outside that I can't see a thing. 

And it's really cold. I couldn't believe how cold it was when I opened the window.

Please, please, please somebody tell me that you can survive being outside naked and wet in the wintery cold for a few hours. Maybe he's not answering because he's unconscious. As awful as that is to consider, I can accept that. But he's alive, right? Please tell me he's alive.

Where's the cop anyway? The house is totally silent. He better not have freaking fallen asleep or something. . .

I have to go pound on the door again to make sure he knows I've finished...