Chapter 2 Somehow, Somewhere I'll get there

So here's Chapter 2 guys! Hope you'll like it! ;)

I got my bag from my seat and stormed my way to Matt's seat (used to be his seat now my seat). As I sat, I gave a big sigh to myself I don't even know why but maybe because I'm not seated near to the girls (yes, read that right: not seated near girls) and maybe because the one seated next to me is Drake. I don't really know, and lastly maybe I'm not comfortable with the proximity between me and Drake; it makes me feel nervous. Or I don't know.

The person seated on my left is him Drake, on my right is a boy named Neil, on my front is Josh and on my back is a guy named Jack. I smiled to each one of them giving me back a smile except Drake. Meanie. I told him mentally. Instead of giving me back a smile since I was being polite, he just stared at me for like forever and rolled his eyes to talk to his other mate. What did I do now??

"Hey Iris! Wassup?" Neil greeted me. "Surrounded by boys huh?" he chirped. Well I'm not really a fan of being surrounded by boys but I feel uneasy being around them. I've tried this arrangement in freshmen year but it was fun cause my seatmates and I get along really well. I just hope it'll be fine here.

"Well I guess." Said I, "Just have to adjust a bit in this new environment. No one will bite me here right?" I laughed. And that my friends caused Neil to continue his talking. I just don't get it why he talks like one hundred words per second. It felt awkward really. I don't even understand what he's talking about, maybe a sport called Rugby where his older brother got injured and his little sister sneaked into his room to put ketchup on his toilet. And everything else he said, I didn't understand.

On our next subject, which is English, I just focused on my English essay about the book entitled To Kill A Mocking Bird where we should write the super summary of the book and write about your favourite character of the book. I chose Scout to be my fave character of the book. She simply amazes me, I love her boyish acts and she's so cute!! I didn't care about the summary though I haven't finished reading the book. I can just look for a summary in Google and summarize it again. Yay. I'm so smart. HAHA. Oh please, I promise, there will be no plagiarism included in my summary.

The bell rang as soon as I finished my essay about Scout. I to shove myself out of the classroom when I heard someone called my name.

"Iris!" it was a familiar yet unfamiliar voice which I somewhat recognized it somewhere. The time I turned around to know who called me when the last thing I knew my classmate bumped at me causing me to fall on my arse letting my bag and books to lose on my own grip.

"I'm in a hurry!!" the guy groaned didn't even said sorry for bumping me.

"Ow…" I complained.

"Are… Are you alright Iris?" the voice said. I saw the person came near to me and there I recognized that it's a him.

Drake. Drake. Drake. Drake called my name.

"Uhm…" I cracked. "I guess I'm fine." I collected my things that were scattered on the floor not looking directly to him.

"Need help?" he asked. He didn't wait for my answer, he went down and helped me with my things.

"Here." AWKWARD....

"Uhm… Thanks Drake." I said. I then realized that I'm still on the ground when I suddenly felt my forearm grabbed by a hand. Drake helped me up to my feet as his height towered to me. He nodded and started to move away from me.

"Drake." I spoke as Drake gave us distance. "Why did you call me?" embarrassment filled my body. Okay that was not a so good question. Uh oh.

"Oh. I called you caused you were blocking the way that caused you to bumped by Grant." He explained. "He's in a hurry."