Chapter 4 Hand Fits Your Face

Chapter 4 Hands fits your face

AN: NOT EDITED. I dedicate this chapter to holdingontomemories because her story: confessions of a teenage caffeine addict is so addictive!!! <3 I really love it and i hope she uploads fast so i can read more about jake and katie!! 

“Grant can you hand me the papers please?” I asked Grant nicely. I’ve been working on our laboratory report alone since Drake isn’t here to help me. People said that their team, the basketball team has a game today that’s why I see no sign of him today again. And in addition to that, it’s a championship game, which is out of town. They’d be gone for three to four days maybe. Ugh hope they win it this year since last year they didn’t make it to the finals.

It’s been three days since I’ve last seen him.

Grant handed me the papers. “Here. You sure you don’t need help?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m good here. I think I’ll be able to finish this on time, maybe. I will also let Drake answer some when he gets back so that he’ll have a contribution in this experiment anyway.” I smiled at Grant and thanked him for the papers. “And he’s good in Chemistry so if I don’t know some questions, I will let him answer it.” Probably most of the questions.

“Uhm, ‘kay.” He said. “Just tell me if you need something else. Me and Josh will be here to help you.” He said happily.

“Sure thanks again.”

I scribbled my penmanship on the paper and started writing the hypothesis of the experiment. Usually this is Drake’s job. I’m the one who performs and he’s the one who will record the results. Well since he’s not around, I have to do it on my own, most of it. Anne called me and asked if I’m doing good. I assured her by giving a thumbs up. A minute later, she came to my table.

“Iris baby, aren’t you going to watch Drake’s game?” she asked.

“Why would I?” I told her. “You know I don’t have a thing in basketball.”

“Correction, in all sports.” Anne laughed and poked my side.

I narrowed my eyes to her signalling to stop what she’s doing. “Anne Flynn!” What’s wrong with the people? “Go back to your seat now cause I still have to do this report which is due next meeting, and if I don’t finish it, I will fail Chemistry and you know I can’t afford to since I already suck at Geometry.” I told her. I felt like ranting to Anne. I smirked and hugged her. “Woah Iris are you having your period today?” she wondered.

I felt the warming of my cheeks when she said that. I wasn’t on my period, I don’t know, maybe it’s coming this month that’s why my mood swings are with me already. “Uh nope.” I told her with the p emphasized my word.

“I’ll go now, gotta do some work too. Bye sweetie.” Anne returned to her seat and did her experiment.

I focused myself back with the experiment and realized that I’ve answered enough questions. Ten out of fifteen questions and the worst part, I’m not sure with my answers. Surely, only Drake can answer these, he’s a geek when it comes to Chem. I glanced on my watch and it was time to go for my next subject. Geometry. Ugh. Yay life!

I bid goodbye to my mates and went to my locker. I arrived in the classroom and occupied the seat next to Drake’s. I know and I don’t know what’s happening to me. For the past few months I’m used having him around (aside from his basketball games during class hours and during lunch and after classes though), though he still managed to put the teasing on me every now and then, I got used to it. I shook my head to get him out of my head and listen to the teacher instead.