Chapter Three: The Light Bulb Affect

Tyler

Monday morning I got a ride from Mark to school. Blasting music throughout his new trucks speakers all the way there. Once we parked at the school I saw Ayla two rows of cars over getting out of her friends car. I couldn't help but think aloud.

"Wow, she looks good today," I sighed and just kept starring.

"Who you creeping at?" Mark, said as he tried to look in the direction I was staring at.

"Huh, what. Umm.. no, no one," I got out of the car a little bit embarrassed that I spoke aloud without even realizing it. I got out of the truck quickly to try and get another glimpse of her.

"Dude, don't worry about it, everyone knows you have a crush on her," he said walking backwards looking at me, smiling and trying not to fall surprisingly all at the same time. I stopped puzzled putting my hand on him.

"Everyone? Are you serious?" I was in utter shock, and I guess my face showed my expression because Mark looked at me and laughed.

"Calm down, I was just kidding. Don't need to go into ultra shock on me. Besides if you really like her who cares if people know." he said as he hit my shoulder with his.

"I care! People shouldn't be in my business unless I allow them to be, besides what if she doesn't like me and then everyone finds out and then she'll freak out and decides to reject me in front of the whole school and i'll be forever known as a total loser!" I exclaimed trying to catch my breathe.

"Woah man calm down, no need to freak out, but just dont worry about it." he said as we entered the school.

....

Mr. B's class was sort of boring, I don't know if I was falling asleep due to lack of it or if his lecture was just putting me in it.

"In Chapter 5 of your textbook we see a story of betrayal. In where we see the main character falling in love with a beautiful young lady, but only to realize she is betrothed to another. Finding out this man is no other than his best friend, he forms an extravagant plan of revenge to find out every sinful act his friend has ever committed in order to confess it to his love and win her heart. The story is called "The Light Bulb Affect." That will be your assignment for the next few weeks, I want you to read this story and write an essay from one of the characters point of view, or you can write your thoughts on the characters behavior throughout the story."

Ring.

"Okay you're dismissed I'll see you guys tomorrow and have a safe day," he said as he turned around and started erasing the board behind him. I got up from my desk and started for the door and on my way out I bumped into Casey.

"Mmph.... Sorry man didn't mean to bump into you like that," I said releasing me from my sleepiness.

"Haha, it's okay don't worry about it, it was an accident," he said as he winked and smiled at me while he left the room. Puzzled I looked at him as he was walking down the hallway. Did he just wink at me? That was kinda strange, I don't think anyone would have winked in that sort of situation unless they were flir..