Chapter Four: Expert Planning

Tyler:

Tuesday started off like usual, i got picked up by mark and we went to school, but when we arrived i noticed something i did not like. In Front of Casey's vehicle was Ayla and a group of people but what bothered me the most was that she was touching him and he looked like he was completely hating it. Seriously his face everytime she brushed him was that of utter disgust. I seriously wanted to rip his face off where he stood, and Mark could tell something was up.

"Are you okay? You seem upset." Mark looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"NO!!" I yelled. "Why would you think that?" I got out of his truck and slammed the door behind me and i walked away swinging my back pack onto my right shoulder. Mark then turned off his truck, got out and ran after me.

"Tyler what the heck is wrong with you? You know you can talk to me right, i'm your friend that's what friends are for." He put his hand on my left shoulder and i turned around.

"I'm sorry okay i just can not handle how that jerk is so lucky to have all her attention and look so disgusted."

"Okay you need to stop! Seriously if she wants to fall head over heels with a guy who will never show her the time of day then let her that's not your problem. If anything that should help you. Think about it, if you keep being her friend and be nice to her she might realise how he's awful and you're great then fall in love with you!" he exclaimed pointing his hands towards the group of teens laughing in front of Casey's vehicle.

"You're making fun of me arent you? Okay no, I can't do that, because I can't just let her go through that. Casey does not deserve her and I have a plan how to take him off his high horse." I shook his hand off my shoulder and walked to the front of the building leaving Mark calling after me.

After lunch I headed to the track coaches office to see if he had posted the lists of who made the team. It was listed alphabetically so I went down the list.... A....D....F....I....J.... J!! Marcus Jacobs!! I couldn't help but to look at it and I internally got excited for him. I'm glad he made it but hopefully I did too so i continued...K....L.... finally.... L.. Lance... Lopez.... Lucas!! Tyler Lucas!! I couldn't believe it! I made it, I mean i worked hard so I deserved it. Well I don't want to get ahead of myself, i'm just glad I'm on the team. My curiosity got the best of me and I took a glance at the R's and sure enough there was the raining example of perfection himself Casey Roberts. Well it's not a surprise that he made it in he's always been pretty fast and he's already being nominated for team captain again, but I believe this actually may be a good thing.

-Later that night-

I decided to walk home since i wasn't really talking to Mark due to this mornings anger problem in the parking lot. It's not like it really mattered, he probably figured i need my space today and he'll just text me later to see what's up. Anyways all day i couldn't keep my mind off of the way I would try to become Casey's friend. It would probably have to be through the track team. I mean we would be spending a lot of time together after school and at away tournaments, so I guess it would be very plausible to get to know him during that time. Even though it utterly pains me to think I actually have to get to know that jerk and pretend that i like him and that he's cool or whatever but if it meant I could show Ayla how much of a jerk he is and she lost interest in him that would be a win for me even if she doesn't end up liking me after that. It would still be worth it to get her away from him. It had been decided that I, Tyler Lucas, even though it pains me to say so, would try my hardest to become friends with the "Adonis" Casey Roberts. Gross. That's the only thing I could think of once I had made up my mind whether to go through with it or not. This might not be a great idea, but oh well I had made up my mind and there's nothing that's going to change my mind now.

*buzz..buzz*...

It was my phone, I set it on vibrate so I could concentrate on planning but I guess it wasn't so helpful after all. I decided to open the message and it was Mark.

"Hey Tyler I kno u were mad this mornin but i hope everythings good now well i just wantd to say that im very proud of the bth of us for making the team text me whenever if u need space i undrstnd n i will just give it to u unles u need a ride in da mornin ill still pick u up."

Well there was the message I practically was predicting would come to me, but i'm glad he did I replied almost right away.

"Mark yeah sorry about that dude i was just really frustrated is all but im good now and yeah im super excited about us making the team but yeah ill see ya in the morning and dont be late alright." and send...

*buzz..buzz*

"Alright man and yeah glad everythings okay now and youre the one to talk you take forever fixing your hair mister pretty princess haha jk well talk to u laterz :P "

I put my phone on my bed so if it buzzed again I could just ignore it, all my attention had to be put on this careful planning and tonight was the night.