| 6.2 | ex-ventures

❝You are your own worst enemy
You'll never win the fight
Just hold on to me, I'll hold on to you
It's you and me up against the world❞

Chapter Six:
Ex-Ventures
(cont'd)

I knew Innovus was a profitable company but it was only as I stepped into the private jet of Hans' father did I realize just how much money the billionaire raked in for himself. I wasn't a fan of people flaunting their assets in my face, let alone their freaking planes but this...this was something different. It was like something out of a movie. There were seats up front that looked more like sofas than actual seats (despite the safety belts), a bar in the far left corner, and a pool table in the center. I was more astounded at the idea that the door at the far end led to more.

"Soaking yourself up in the luxury?"

I ignored his cocky words and turned to face Hans, arching an eyebrow at him. "It's decent."

"You don't need to lie, Henderson. You have a thing for riches and glory. Every woman does. "

God, he knew how to twitch a nerve, but on the other hand, he also knew how to get me wet. Often, they went hand in hand. Hans was a man of many talents indeed.

"I'm attracted to modesty, actually," I scoffed, sinking down into one of the chair-slash-sofas. Damn, it was plush. "And you clearly have none since you're practically showering your rich, gold background in my face."

Hans observed me silently before sinking down on the couch opposite mine. He didn't smile or say anything for a while which was fine by me. Silence was a better medium for us sometimes. Often, talking just led to squabbles...which ended in sex. I glanced out the small window, noticing that the jet was already moving, getting ready for take-off.

"It was my father's idea."

I turned my head to look at him, confused. "Huh?"

Clearing his throat, Hans stretched his arms on either side of him before continuing in a disinterested voice, "This. Taking the private jet with you was my father's idea. I originally had tickets booked for our journey but my old man insisted."

"Oh."

My respect for Hans slightly increased upon hearing that. I wasn't sure if that was his intention by bringing that information into light. He didn't look anywhere near me, glancing out the window with a bored expression - certainly not one a man would have around a girl he'd bedded multiple times over the past week.

We settled into a comfortable silence, even after the plane took off. Spare for Hans bringing me a glass of Zinfandel, an inside joke between us that caused us both to smile, we didn't make much conversation. I was day-dreaming, my face resting on my palm as I peered out the window at the bed of clouds and beautiful blue sky. The idea of sky-diving shot through my head, making me a little queasy and excited at the same time, but it shot right back out when I heard Hans clear his throat.

"Yes?" I asked, not bothering to look his way.

"How's work?"

That was weird. He never asked me about my job. I looked over at him and found him staring at me in interest, feigning a blank expression that was easily readable.

I sighed in retirement. "What do you want, Hans?"

He smirked. "I'm just making conversation."

"No you're not. You're trying to find out about what's happening with Tim."