| 10.2 | post-magnificent-sex

❝Everything will change
Nothing stays the same
Nobody here's perfect
Oh, but everyone's to blame.

Chapter Ten:
Post-Magnificent-Sex
(cont'd)

My ears perked up in interest. I looked between the two gentlemen, curious as to what they were discussing. I settled for pointedly staring at Hans till he filled me in on what this was about, and I couldn't tell if he was genuinely so fixated on his telepathic conversation with Jasper or if he was avoiding meeting my eyes. Nevertheless, I trusted him. Hans would tell me what I needed to know when the time came, and even if he was avoiding it now, I'm sure he had his reasons.

I stood up, grabbing the attention of the two who only then remembered that I was right there. Smiling, I said to Hans, "I'm going to go freshen up, okay?" He nodded with a smile back. "Jasper, it's been a pleasure as always." I swooped down and gave him a kiss on the cheek, earning a deep chuckle from him.

"Marry her," were the words I heard him say to Hans, half-joking, half-serious as I walked down the hall and toward his room. Today was a Sunday which meant I wouldn't have to go to work. No work, meant more play. But as things would turn out...

The door to the bedroom opened and Hans walked in. I turned around, mid-way through buttoning open his shirt and smiled up at him.

"Hey."

"Hey." He stared at me for a bit, looking somewhat disoriented then added with a smirk, "Please, do continue."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Too early in the morning for a strip-tease now, isn't it?"

"It's never early with you." The smile disappeared as he ran a hand through his disheveled black hair. "I have to go out for a bit with Jazz, though." He mistook my silence for disappointment and rushed to add, "Sorry. I really loved your breakfast but-"

"Calm down," I laughed, waving my hand at him to snap out of it. "I'm not mad or anything."

"Sure?"

I smiled at how sweet he was being, and nodded. "I'm sure. I hope it's okay with you if I just lounge about here though."

Hans grinned, dropping his hand from his hair. "Does that mean I can count on you to be here when I come back?"

I stood up and crossed the length of the room, wrapping my arms around his waist. Beaming up at him, I answered, "Definitely."

He pressed a quick kiss to my forehead, smiled, and then whizzed out the room after throwing on some clothes. I flopped on the bed after hearing the front door shut with a gentle click. Staring up at his ceiling instead of mine, the spurt of happiness that bloomed inside my chest made me realize just how much I loved how things had turned out. Hans had transformed from an escort to blackmailer, unofficial boss to fuck-buddy, friend to lover. Just going through the journey of the past year in my head made me want to cry, laugh, and smile all at the same time. It had been...something.

Slowly getting up, I perched myself on my elbows and looked around at the room, delighting myself in just how much I loved being in here and not just for that reason. You can tell a lot about a person by the way their room looks. The color the walls are painted in, the posters pinned to them, the books lining the shelf in that one corner or the pictures stuck to the window frame. But for Hans, the item that spoke the most was the shelf near the door, stacked with dozens upon dozens of vinyl records. Hans had walked in on me looking at them once when he had given me that soft smile of his.