t h r e e

Tonight, we won the first game 5-2. And it was all thanks to the golden God himself, Ryan Ross.

Well, in my mind at least.

And I was having dinner with him and my two best friends right now.

"So Ryan, when did you decide you liked baseball?" Sarah asked as we were sat in a booth at chili's, Sarah sitting next to me, thankfully.

Ryan shrugged "oh, I've always liked baseball. My dad would watch it when I was younger and I don't know I guess I just fell in love with the sport."

It's so cute how passionate he is about this.

"Your parents must be proud. Star pitcher of the school since freshman year." Sarah pointed out.

He shrugged once again. "They're like any other parents would be I guess."

I sat quiet for most of the meal. until Jon ruined it by saying "Brendon, you haven't said much. You okay?"

fucker.

I could see the smug grin Jon had planted on his lips.

"y-yeah I'm fine." I choked.

"Oh hey here's a cool fact, Ryan can speak Italian!" Jon exclaimed like he's a proud father as Ryan provided a successful grin.

"è vero" Ryan responded "it's true." he translated.

He can speak Italian. Fluently. Shit that's hot.

"Ooh! Brendon can speak a bit of Italian!" Sarah blurted causing my to drop my fork and just about spit out my chicken.

fucker #2

"Well I-I mean." I cleared my throat, "I can sing a song but I wouldn't know what I'm saying." I corrected picking my fork back up.

Ryan looked impressed. "You sing eh?" he had that same grin on his face which was surrounded by his slight curls. he's so god damn adorable.

"Well I mean I am the head tenor in the choir group." I mumble picking at my food. "head male actually." I added getting a bit too cocky.

I cleared my throat "I should go to the bathroom." I announced nervously standing up but quickly walking to the bathroom.

what is wrong with me today?

~

Dinner was finally over and we were dropping Ryan off at his house and he was giving us directions.

We pulled up to his place, I assume, and he sees the lights are on and hesitates getting out of the vehicle.

"Ryan? Are you gonna go?" Jon asked causing Ryan to jump.

"Huh? Oh, yeah..yeah. Thanks guys I had fun." He put on a smile and got out of the truck.

As soon as he got out of the truck, Jon and Sarah turned around to face me. they looked like parents after their kid just had his first date.

"What?" i asked in a mumble. no response. "What?!" I snapped a little louder.

They both looked at each other and gave a smirk. I knew what they meant.

"Nothing's gonna happen, okay? Just take me home. Please. I'm tired." I pouted looking out the window as Jon obeyed driving the direction to my house.

As soon as they pulled up, I said goodbye and proceeded to walk into my, once again, silent household.

I sighed.

I trudged up the stairs feeling tired. I looked at my phone. 11:44. that's a reasonable time for bed right?

but instead of sleeping, I stripped down to my pajama's and grabbed one of my many records that were resting on my shelf. I picked random. Green Day: American Idiot. A classic.

I put on my earbuds, plugged them into my record player, and proceeded to drain every noise and every thought possible, until I eventually fell asleep.

~

I woke up that morning to the familiar smell of coffee, the normal scent that I woke up to.

I didn't even bother putting on a shirt before walking towards the kitchen to see my mother sitting at our round dining table looking tired as ever, cradling a coffee mug in her pink robe.

"Oh good morning Brendon honey. Or afternoon? I don't know the time of day any more." She said. I could hear the tired in her voice.

"uh morning mom." I said pouring coffee into a mug then pouring a bit of milk in it.

"You better hurry up and get ready. You don't wanna be late for school dear."

"Mom, it's Saturday."

"Oh.. so that means I don't have to go to work today. Thank god." she said sounding way too pleased.

Mom was slurring her words often. Either she's sick or she added a little too much bourbon in her coffee.

I think it's the latter.

I shrugged and asked "Where's dad?"

"Oh he's still sleeping, you know he didn't come home until 5 this morning. poor guy had to stay late." She said. I did feel sorry for the guy. He's an architect and he's good at what he does but, he works so late. It's not fair really.

"Well I'm gonna go up. Later mom." I wave her off not even letting her respond.

I'm back up in my room now sipping my coffee, scrolling through my computer when I hear a strange tap at my window.

I quickly jump to my feet to check out the mysterious noise.

I open my window to find Jon crawling through. This took me by surprise.

"Jon what the hell, you know my mom would've let you in." I say confused looking at him laying on the ground.

"Yeah, but this is more fun." he said laying on my bed as I slipped on the first t-shirt I could find and I proceeded to lay next to him.

"so last ni-"

"I don't want to talk about last night." I interrupted.

"Oh come on, Sarah and I had fun. Ryan's a great guy." Jon explained putting his hands behind his head. I just shrugged.

"In fact we actually invited him to hang out again tonight. and you're coming with."

"Maybe."

"Oh come on Bren. Don't be like that. I'd think you'd take every chance to hang out with him."

"What are you guys planning?"

he shrugged. "I don't know. Probably a movie. Something simple, but fun."

"Yeah I'll probably go. It'll get me out of the house for the night." i sigh.

"And  I probably shouldn't say but.. Ryan might bring Hele-"

"Nope. I'm not coming. Absolutely not."

"Brendon. You just don't like her because she's dating your man. She's actually really gr-"

I turn my head to face him confused. "How would you know?"

"Eh, Ryan brings her to all the practices. everyone on the team loves her." Jon explained apologetically.

I imagined myself in that situation. Ryan bringing me to all the practices, me wearing his jersey and the teammates loving me.

Damn. I need that.

"Fine." I mumble uncertainly, "But just know I'm gonna complain the whole entire time."

Jon looked at me and smiled. "There's the Bren I know and love!" Jon sat up and went to my record collection.

"So how about we jam to... this!" he said pulling one off the shelf and I look to see his selection.

Blink-182. Enema of state.

"Good choice." I smile as he walks to my player.

"I've been known to make good choices." he shrugged egotistically.

he wasn't wrong.