t e n

I'm about to go through hell right now.

"Brendon? Where the hell were you? why were you out at," my mom looked at my clock on my bedside table "3 am? How long have you been out? Who were you...."

I stopped paying attention then. Since when did she care so much about me? She's never here during the night. I could be out until 2 am every night and she wouldn't notice.

My trance is broke by my mother snapping in my face. I pay attention.

"Well?!" she waits. Oh I think she wants answers. I look behind her to my dad who's just standing there, still looking pissed however, not doing anything.

"Answer your mother, Brendon." my father snaps.

I sigh and sit on my bed trying not to get too upset. I've never been in trouble before. I've always been the trophy child every parent wishes they had.

Well that reputation is gone now.

"Mom, I couldn't sleep so I-I just took a walk." I lie nervously.

Technically I wasn't lying.. until I added "to Jon's house."

Wow, I've never lied to my parents before. What a rebel.

"Do you do this often Brendon?" My mom asks me, her voice sounding angrier.

I shake my head. "No ma'am. This is my first time sneaking out." I continue with the lies, look at me go.

Both my parents are quiet and look at each other.

"Well you seem oddly calm about this being your first time." my father adds.

"Why were you up in my room at 2 am anyways? I thought you two would be sleeping." I protest.

But the truth is, when I went to bed, they were yelling at each other.

"We wanted to come up and talk to you, only to find you not in your room!" my mother snaps back getting in my face.

I want to say something about her never paying attention to me before, but of course I am the golden child so I keep my mouth shut.

"Well what did you wanna talk to me about at 2 in the morning?" I asked confused trying not to raise my voice.

"That's not important right now, but what is important is that you're grounded." my mother yells.

And now I'm shocked. I feel a weird pang in my heart. I've never been grounded before. I guess it's my own damn fault though.

"Your mother and I will talk more about this tomorrow, but until then you're grounded." My father repeats in conclusion and they both leave me alone in my bedroom.

~

Sunday was the worst. With church, and my parents still mad at me, it was just awful.

My punishment ended up being confiscation of my phone and computer, and my window is to remained locked at all times.

Being the good child I am, I will obey.

I told Jon and Sarah at lunch that following Monday morning.

"So yeah, I'm grounded now." I sigh after explaining the situation to them.

"Damn, sorry B." Jon says with a frown.

I notice Ryan's hasn't shown up to lunch yet. Since our encounter at the vending machines, Ryan's been sitting at our lunch table, occasionally joined by Spencer Smith. "Where's Ryan? I saw him this morning." I acknowledge Ryan's absence.

"Oh, he's taking a test." Sarah answers.

I frown since he's not here. I haven't talked to him since my visit Saturday. I kinda miss him.

"Oh also some good news, I don't know if you heard Brendon, but the baseball team is going off to regionals in two weeks!" Jon says excitedly.

"Oh really? That's cool." I encourage not having a damn clue on what he said.

Jon rolls his eyes. "It means we're hella good Brendon. We have one more game this Friday, then we're off to regionals that following week." Jon explains happily.

"Oh!" I say getting a good understanding on what he said.

"So. you think you'll be able to go to the game?" Jon asked me.

I shook my head. "My parents are pretty pissed, so probably not." I sigh stabbing my salad with my fork.

I'm usually slow to anger, but this weekend just crossed the line. I know it's my own fault but dammit, I'm allowed to be upset.

"I mean, I'm sure I could convince them but you know, I'm just the kid." I pout.

"I can't believe it took them this long to catch you. I mean, you've been doing this for what, three years now?" Sarah adds astonishingly.

I scoff, "You know my parents. They're not exactly 'World's Greatest Parent Material'. I rarely see them during the week and every time I do my mom's either drunk or hungover and my dad's working or sleeping." I let out a rant. It's been awhile since I actually got to let this off my chest. It kind of feels nice.

Sarah pats my arm sympathetically, "Hey, it's okay Bren, everybody goes through this. I promise. You think my parents were softies on my brother and I?"

I let out a small chuckle. "Whatever you say Sarah." I give a half smile, as the bell indicating the end of lunch rang.

{A/N: hello, it me.

happy Saturday frens, Ryan's not in this chapter and he probably won't be in the next chapter.

don't worry I have all future chapters planned out, I know where I'm going with this.

also,, I've been hella stressed all weekend bc finals are coming up and of course I realize I like a guy?? and idk just wow emotional breakdowns.

don't forget to smile :D

~J <3 }