e i g h t e e n

"so, you heard everything while you were out?" i reassure making sure i heard right.

"everything." he smirked at me, "it was worse at night. the silence killed me. i hate silence. they say silence is golden, but, i disagree."

i nod, "guess it just depends on what's making the noise for me." i say trying to change the subject. Ryan laughs.

"i missed your voice the most. but i guess i shouldn't complain since i did hear it every now and then."

i'm getting nervous now.

he heard me confess my feelings for him.

"i had an idea." he breaks the ice. he doesn't need to explain, i know what he's talking about.

"i feel like everybody had an idea."

"how long?" he asks

"it was a little schoolboy crush freshman year, when you first moved here but.. it gradually progressed every year."

he laughs "how come you never tried to talk to me? we've had classes together in the past." he asks.

"i felt like you wanted nothing to do with me." i shrug which is true. "i thought you didn't know i existed."

"no, i knew of you." he looks my direction. "Jon talked about you being a good friend and all."

that bastard, what would i do without him?

he smiles looking at me, "you make me question my sexuality." he giggles. wait what?

i look up at him confused, "what?"

"maybe i have a little crush on you." he smiles at me.

did that just happen? are you sure i'm not dead? no, it's all a dream. Ryan's still in a coma and i'm just sleeping in my 3rd period. Government always puts me to sleep.

"you okay? you seem pale." ryan laughs nervously.

"uh.. uh yeah. i'm fine." i clear my throat

holy shit i'm not dreaming.

"so.. what does that mean?" i ask

Ryan sits up, shrugging and shaking his head.

"do you wanna...?" i ask motioning between the two of us awkwardly.

"i-i honestly don't know."

oh.

"i-i'm gonna need time to think about it brendon. so much is happening right now. it's crazy." he gives a pathetic laugh.

i've never seen him like this, normally he's all happy and stuff, I have never seen him under so much stress.

it's quiet between us for awhile, but he breaks it.

"why don't you tell the others they can come in," he smiles at me, "i missed everybody."

i give a fake smile and go tell everyone out in the hall they can come in.

~

Ryan was let out later on that night. For celebration, we all decided to go out to dinner.

we went out to a nice mexican food place that i have forgotten the name of.

we sat in a booth and Spencer had to pull up a chair at the end of the table.

we ordered our food but i still had something on my mind and i just needed to tell someone. i looked across the table to Sarah saying i had to go to the bathroom, giving her a little head motion asking her to come with me.

Sarah gave a confused look but went a long with it. "yeah, i'm gonna go too..."

we weren't slick, but oh well.

we arrived at the hall way to the bathrooms when she said "what's up? you okay? you've been acting strange ever since we left the hospital."

she is my mom.

"i'm fine, really. it's about Ryan."

she tilted her head, "oh?"

i nodded, "he - i'm not sure if i'm supposed to say this but- he, he said he liked me back."

Sarah's look of concern turned to a bright smile.

"oh my gosh! Brendon this is great!" she said rather loudly, but i covered her mouth with my hand, feeling the lipstick rub off on my palm.

"don't say anything, okay? i don't want him to know i told anyone."

she nodded, "of course. are you okay? what does this mean for yo-" i cut her off.

"it doesn't mean anything.. he said he needed to make sure." i sigh.

"oh."

"yeah.. we should be heading back."

"yeah, we should." and we walked back, the rest of the night being normal.

{A/N: hello it me.

yay we reached the cLimax!!!!

i guess idk.

hope you enjoyed the chapter! i know i did :)))

also i'm sick with a bad cold so that's my life right now. fun fun.

don't forget to smile :D

~L <3 }