Becoming one

"You have to let him mark you Arabella." She says.

"But why mark me? What does finding the Luna have to do with him marking me?"

"When a wolf marks or is marked, he or she becomes complete. The ritual or the spell that we will perform will ensure definite results then. I'll need a lot of energy so it better work or our efforts will be in vain." She explains.

"When do you wanna do the spell?" I ask her.

"The sooner the better." She says and I turn to leave.

"Because the war is near Arabella. I can feel it." I hear Maisie before I make my decision.

         I wait by the window in his room, my heart pounding. I'm wearing a one piece night gown, exposing my neck. For him. To mark me as his. Am I ready for this?

My mind drifts to all the times we've been together, all the times he has made the heart beat like its gonna burst out. All the times he has made me feel safe. Made me feel purposeful. Wanted. Yes. I can do this. He is my mate and I should be striving to make him stronger and not make him chase me. What the hell was I thinking? This is my pack, my people and I'm supposed to be their Luna and protect them. Especially when the Moon wants me to.

I gulp as I hear Xalvador enter. I turn around slowly, to find his eyes transfixed on my outfit. I shiver under his gaze as he takes a step towards me, his stance predatory. His eyes are dark and his jaw taught as he stares into my eyes, standing at a hair's breadth.

"What are you trying to do Bella?" He asks, his voice raspy and strained. I notice his fists are clenched on the side. I release his fists with my hands while he watches confused.

"Mark me Xalvador," I say confidently, looking into his eyes. His expression is priceless as his mouth hangs open with surprise while he grabs me by my waist and flushes me against him. He scans my face and then frowns.

"Why? What are you planning?" He asks with suspicion and I don't blame him. I need to tell him everything. If we want to defeat the Black Water and Silver Falls, then I need him with me. I and Maisie can't do things alone. It is gonna be a long night. I entwine my fingers with his and look into his eyes.

"I want you to mark me. No plotting, no conspiracy. I'm just giving in." I whisper truthfully, lightly running my hand over his jaw. He scans my face and then looks into my eyes as if not believing me. When he doesn't get the fishy thing he is trying to find he pulls me into a smearing kiss. I gasp and his lips dominate mine and I slightly move them. He groans with surprise and pleasure and slips his tongue in. My body feels on fire and he settles me on the edge of the bed, crouching in front of me.

His lips trail from my cheek to my jaw and then to my ear. I shiver as he whispers, his hold tightening on my waist.

"You sure you want this sugar bun?" His voice is pure husky torture and I just nod. He growls lowly and then one of his grabs my hair and tips my head back slightly. I gasp as he showers my collarbone and neck with kisses and bites. I feel his lips hover over that place and I hold my breath. He tells me to relax and that's all the warning I get before his canines plunge into my skin.

I yelp as I feel immense pain. He doesn't retreat and the pain slowly fades replaced by pleasure. My soul feels connected with his as he pulls back, his breathing as hard as mine. He grabs my face and aligns our foreheads.

"I'm sorry baby, sorry for hurting you." He says and I shake my head.

"It is okay."

We both look at my shoulder and I am once again made aware of the connection that has been established. It's as if we are almost one. I can feel his erratic heartbeat, his jumbled emotions, his dauntlessness and his...pain. It's as if everything that he had been through, I'm going through right now. I look at his face and find a similar expression. As if he can read my mind, my soul and my worst fears.