Commencement Of The War

"Alpha they are here!" Axel rushes towards us as we are on the staircase.

"How many?" Xalvador asks quickening his pace.

"Hundreds and hundreds of them. It's impossible to tell. They are as far as vision can go." He adds and Xalvador grits his teeth.

Soon we are on the ground with others from our pack. The Silver Falls and the Black Water look smug, as if knowing how unprepared we are. Well bitches, don't be so sure!

Only the leaders are in the human form while everyone behind them is snarling already in their wolf form. The first one is tall and has an intimidating body form while the other is short and bearded with evil smeared in his expressions. Xalvador steps forward and so do I. I look around and find that there are only 30-40 women in our army of hundreds. Xalvador was very firm on their protection, saying some of them were too young and some not ready while some were ready to mate and give this pack all the heirs it might need.

"Why are you so hell bent on fighting us? Why do you harbor such immense hatred?" Xalvador barks at the Alphas of the two packs. He is attempting at a peace offering. And I know it cuts his ego and self-respect to do this. But he understands what his pack will have to suffer if today's fight happens. How did I ever believe that this man was heartless?

"Oh don't bother with the details Xalvador. Our aim," He emphasizes with a malicious smile, "is to wipe out your bloodline and every single trace of you and your pack." I grit my teeth as fury fills my veins. These are the people who ruined my life and Xalvador's. These fucking heartless people took away everything that did not belong to their malice filled beings!

Immediately Xalvador shifts and I hear a thunderous crack of bones. I shift as well and pounce of the first enemy wolf. I bite into its neck and its howls with pain. 

There are growls and howls everywhere and I cringe on the inwards. There will be so much of bloodshed when this gets over. I focus back on killing the wolf and lunge at another. Our soldiers I realize are lot stronger than those skimpy rogues. Two wolves attack on me from the side as I almost kill the one at my neck. I claw at the one on the right side but the other ones teeth sink in my torso. I growl in pain when one of the two wolves is thrown away from me. I see a wolf from our pack clawing at it and kill it within minutes. I mind link him a thanks as I feel warmth in my heart. I get to protect the people I belong with and they protect me. I over power the other one and realize he is a strong wolf.

We fight for minutes each one not ready to give up. He is a huge grey wolf with one of the very sharpest canines I've seen or felt.

"You are too strong for a woman!" He growls as I claw him near his ear. That will definitely leave an ugly scar, I grin inwards.

"And you are too weak for a man." I snarl and he growls with fury. The wolf bites on my side. Taking the chance, I ignore the burning pain and bite into his neck as powerfully as I can. After few moments of struggle, the wolf falls dead. I get a few seconds and I take quick glance around.

It seems we are in control. Our wolves are stronger except the local ones. Xalvador is merciless yet tactful as I see him dodge two wolves in a way that they hit a tree with force and stumble on the ground. That buys him time and in the next minute, he tears those wolves apart. Another large wolf attacks him who I recognize as one of the leaders. I am not really sure which one of those leaders is Alpha of either of the pack.

Xalvador fights the wolf and just then another wolf claws at my back. I turn to it with a growl and tear at his stomach. It takes me a few good minutes to kill it. Wow, this is exhausting. Suddenly I hear groans all around. And I realize those are the groans of my wolves! Suddenly a searing pain settles in my head and I almost fall on the ground with pain. I hear hundreds of similar groans.

Its the witch! Oh no! Maisie, I call in my head, hoping she knows what is happening. I wait and wait for help to come but Maisie doesn't show up. Xalvador is growling with pain as he dodges two wolves with great effort. I somehow get myself free from the wolf attacking me and run. The wolf follows but I'm faster. I reach the spare pile of clothes and shift. Immediately putting on a t-shirt, I direct my hands to the wolf almost about to attack me and burn him with the fire.

I grin as I it growls in pain and runs to his pack! Foolish wolf will burn the others now. Good for me though. I realize that I no more feel the pain that I felt before. That's probably because the witch must have done the spell on our wolves while I am in the human form. I run towards the fight and target the wolves attacking Xalvador. I do it quickly, then proceed to burning three wolves near Axel and one near Marcel. 

Maisie appears behind me chanting with her eyes closed in concentration and in the next minute, our wolves are up and about again. The enemies growl with fury as they realize we have a witch too. I burn maximum of them possible without harming my pack wolves. I just need to spot the witch. If I take her down, our chances to win will increase immensely.

"Arabella!" Maisie appears beside me as I try to burn the wolves surrounding one of my wolves. "I'm sorry I came in late. I was trying to locate the witch. I can feel her yet he is hidden. No scent nothing." She says frantically and resumes her chant.

"Its okay." I say. "We are in control again." I reassure her and she nods. And then suddenly, the thing  was dreading the most happens. The enemy wolves start moving unbelievably fast just like the countless time. But just like last time, only a few from the massive crowd are with the super powers.

Xalvador looks at me and I see his eyes darken.

"Dark Moon wolves!" I call out and mind link everyone to clutter behind me.

I run to Maisie and tell her what she is to do. She nods as I start to call all my wolves together. But the swifter wolves mercilessly kill dozens of my wolves and I raise my hand in the air with fury. Xalvador manages to catch one of the spell-induced wolf and tears his body before I can blink. He is boiling with wrath and fury and my condition is no different. As soon as I see a fast movement I direct fire. After a few misses, it finally hits target and a wolf comes down burning.

I and Xalvador stay in the front with Maisie, dodging and fighting and burning all the enemies as our wolves gather behind us. As soon as our wolves are within a boundary, Maisie chants and chants and then turns to me with a smile. The enemy wolves attack again, but as if there is an invisible wall in between, they get thrown away. Yeah Maisie! 

I look behind and I smile contently as I find many of us safe withing the circle. We have to resume the fight, no doubt. We can't attack from here. But this buys us some time to build a strategy now that we know what we are dealing with. Super wolves, a witch, cruel but idiot rogues and hungry for revenge douches. Yeah, that is pretty much it.

My eyes scan the crowd for that person I haven't seen ever since the fight began. Finding no success, I look at the enemy and ponder frantically over how we can capture the witch.

"Arabella, look." Xalvador whispers like a ghost beside me and I look in the direction he is staring with the distant look. My eyes widen as I see someone I trusted so much, standing with the enemy. 

This is can't be happening.