Losing And Gaining

"No no no!" I scream as I kneel down by Xalvador. Xalvador coughs up blood and his other wounds instead of healing, start getting worst. Oh my God! 

"Maisie what can we do?" Please please do something!" I scream as Xalvador writhes in pain. Tears flood as I feel Xalvador's blood on my hand. The cut gets deeper and deeper as the witch starts losing consciousness.

"Remove the knife! Heal her!" I scream as Xalvador coughs up more blood. Everyone around me is in a frenzy but I can barely register anything. People are doing things but I don't notice anything but my mate, dying in my arms.

"Call the doctor!" Axel screams. I think Liam storms to the witch and clenches his fists as if trying not to hurt her.

"Do something. If he dies-" Liam growls at the witch but she cuts him off.

"...What? What can you do? I will be already dead by then. You've killed everyone. I don't care. My motive will be fulfilled. So please, go ahead and fast forward this process. Stab me again." The witch mutters with a snarky grin on her face. No no no!

"Luna I can try and break her spell. By the time the doctor arrives, it will be too late." Maisie says with a quivering voice I nod frantically.

"Yes Maisie do it, do anything." I cry as I cradle Xalvador's head. Every nerve in me is screaming to rip off the head of the witch but I can't.  Everything I do to her, Xalvador will feel. He can't go like this. No!

"Xalvador please, be strong. You can't go like this." I wail as he looks at me with hooded eyes.

"It's too...la-late Bella." He manages to whisper and I growl. 

"No, no! You'll be fine okay. Maisie will break the spell and you can heal then." I say firmly while I'm breaking on the inside. Xalvador offers me a weak smile when I hear Maisie begin to chant something.

"Keep her alive," Liam commands and the wolves holding the witch pat her face, forcing her to open her eyes.

"Xalvador moves a finger, ushering me to come closer. I bend, my ears near his lips.

"I... love.." He breathes hard. "I love.. you sug-sugar bun." He says and I cry harder.

"Please Xal, I love you so much. You can't leave. Not after everything we have been through. No!" I plead, my tears falling on his body. I see his eyes water and I realize that its not because of pain.

"I wish- wish had mo-more time with ya." He whispers again as his eyes start drooping.

"No what are you doing! You can't just close- stay with me Xalvador. Hear me? Stay with me!" I urge, my voice shaking and my actions desperate. I pat his face and look at the witch. She is losing consciousness.

"No please, save him.Please break the spell. I beg you." I run to the witch and plead her. Se barely looks at me as her eyes force themselves close.

"No please, don't do this. Don't take my mate from me. Please." I scream, desperately. Hands grasp my shoulders and I realize it's Kane. He looks down at me in a way I don't like. Like he is pitying me. The sympathy. Like he knows my pain. No no no! I am not losing my mate. I am not losing Xalvador. Not when I finally realize how much I love him. 

"No. Don't look at me like that. Xalvador's not dying. Kane please do something. Please tell her not to kill my mate. I love him." I cry as pain shoots through my body. The pain. Which breaks you and your soul. Fiana is crumbling into pieces and the sensations overwhelm me. I can't do anything. I'm helpless while my mate dies in front of me.

I hear Maisie's chant and my hopes flair up. She is still here. Oh yes! How can I forget. I run to her and clasp her hands in mine.

"Maisie, save him! Please!" I plead and she nods, crying herself.

"The spell is... too strong." Comes a smug voice from behind me. The witch. I ignore her and focus on Maisie. She closes her eyes and chants. 

The air around me gets chillier as the night darkens. I have never acted like this. Never been so vulnerable. Never felt like begging for something with everything in me. 

It's all because of him. He has made me feel things I didn't think I was capable of feeling. But right now, at this moment, I feel helpless and utterly vulnerable. I feel as if every piece of me is dying with him.

Maisie almost screams with her chant now while Liam stands by her side, mirroring an expression of awe and pride. They are mates. Them being together gave me so much happiness but then I had to face this. Seeing my mate die right in front of me.

It goes on for what seems like the most torturous hours but I know it's been hardly a few minutes. The night gets darker and I don't like it. It's as if it is signaling that I am going to lose my mate.

Xalvador coughs up more blood and his hand falls by his side. I quickly sit by him. engulfing his form with mine.

"Ara-" He whispers and I close my eyes, savoring his voice. 

"Stay with me, please. Maisie needs just more time." I whisper, cupping his face delicately. His lips form the smallest of smiles and he closes his eyes.

"Aurora witchtandis gralva. Salvare majora!" Maisie screams with pain. No what's happening! I look at her to see her trembling. As if in great, great pain. Her nose leaks blood while her ears turn red. Her fists clench and I run to her.

"Maisie no!" Liam screams as he holds her weak body in his hands. She falls to the ground and I just stare. No! Not her too. I look at Xalvador and realize he is not moving or writhing with pain. I look at the witch and she lays there, dead on the ground. And then I look at Maisie as she lies unmoving in Liam's arms.

"Maisie!" Liam screams. Axel stands like there like a ghost and the world goes dead silent.

I was trying to save my mate. But I lost my best friend.

I am so cruel. 

If you want to know how Arabella handles everything now, don't forget to vote and comment.