Wattpad Original
There are 8 more free parts

4

Days passed, and Lady Corinne was healed. The moment she was well, the guest coven left. Both parties were unapologetic towards each other. Gabbi, who has nothing left to do, spent her time in two places—the garden before or after the rain, and in the bedroom with a book during a downpour.

She, who slaved away most of her life, was not used to the luxury of time. If she kills herself, Damien would probably save her again. Waiting for death is death itself. The slow ticking of the clock and the isolation, she didn't like it.

And due to the poison in her blood, Damien halted drinking. It was his blood that saved her, yet the vampire's blood is a poison for the immortal. As of now, she is poisonous to him and every one of his kind. And for some reason, she's staying in his bedroom while he barely uses it.

Even she finds the situation strange. She wants to die, but not yet. She's surrounded by killers, but they don't do anything.

Koro would accompany her, hang itself on the same statue every time she is in the garden. Tyler would appear, ask her questions, most of them she couldn't answer. And if she does, he'd stare long and hard and grumble 'I don't think so' and then he'd disappear.

She's currently enjoying a book she found dusting in the room and dared herself in a change of environment. For the first time, Gabbi spent her day in the piano room of her own volition. With boredom, she appreciated the little treasures she could find.

"It's a tragic end, you know." She flinched but nothing else as she found Tyler squatting and looking up at her, cupping his face. "Everyone died in the end." He dropped himself beside Gabbi. "I know Kelly," he referred to the author. "She's insane."

"It's fun."

"So? No matter how happy the beginning or the middle of the story, if the ending is sad, it's useless, isn't it?" And answered his own question. "Well, coming from someone that doesn't die, in normal circumstances at least, you shouldn't listen to me." Just as she nodded in obedience, he settled his hands on her shoulders. He took a deep breath as if he was about to say something important. "Gabbi... I'm bored."

Gabbi blinked. 'So?' she wanted to ask. She has nothing to do with an immortal's lack of fun.

"I don't die, but I'll say it anyway... I'm bored to death." His hands pulled his hair, sliding down to his face in an exaggerated frown. "Marcus and Damien are so busy. And Koro..." He glared at the bat hanging outside the window with eyes on them. "He's been following you. Talk about loyalty. I should have trained him harder."

"I'm... sorry?" She bent back to avoid him leaning forward. The twinkling in his eyes made Gabbi uncomfortable.

"Then, would you want to play with me?" He grinned, so big Gabbi can see his teeth, now so humanly.

In a blink of an eye, she was carried, warped in speed, and now at another door, somewhere in the house. Tyler carried her in, and Gabbi had to grab on the poster bed to regain her footing until the dizziness subsided. Only until then, the room registered. It was obviously his. Aside from the dead chandelier and the poster bed bare of drapes, the rest of the room was more or less modern than Damien's.

Posters lined the walls in order of era. One of them, she was confident, was Elvis. The same goes for a vinyl player by the corner, next to the stereo, and a CD player with different ports. On a shelf that covered the whole wall on the other side, pieces of vinyl ruled the top three shelves, tapes in the middle next three, and CDs at the bottom. Some of them were littered on the floor, among comic books. On the other corner was a gramophone, which despite being ancient compared to other things in the room, seems to belong in it.

On the other side was the bed, dark blue blanket, and pillows unmade. His room was surprisingly humanlike, far from the ethereal and dead feel of the manor.

"We can only escape from here. The main entrance is full of... people serious about duties and stuff." The glass door towards the terrace slid open as he pulled Gabbi. "Let's go."

Gabbi muttered a stern 'No' and pulled her hand, to which Tyler raised a brow. "O-ho. That's a good human spunk. I like it."

She's not purposely going against him of her own will. Although Damien didn't say anything, going outside the manor is prohibited.

"Come on." He utilized a different approach and batted his lashes. "Please."

"We can't go. I'm sure your brothers... Damien wouldn't let you... or me."

His wicked grin revived before she knew it. "Oh boy, that stubborn face excites me." He snatched Gabbi in his arms and out on the terrace. "Don't scream, or I'll drop you."

She could only whimper as he jumped from the third floor. Gabbi shut her as he ascended to the skies and fell to land on his feet with ease. "Are you even eating? Did Damien drink all of your blood? Dude, you're like air."

And once again, before she could say anything, Tyler dashed, carrying her in his arms, and jumped out the manor wall.

"Close your eyes, Gabbi!"

She knew the reason why. They were moving so fast, the view of trees was nauseating. Gabbi burrowed her head on Tyler's chest, her arms on his neck. He was warm, just like Damien.

"Hang on really tight."

She had no choice but to obey. The wind blew on her back, and his warmth balanced it out.

"We're almost there!" he exclaimed after minutes of speeding through the forest.

"Where are we going?"

"To school," he declared, excitement reverberated in his words. "We'll sneak into a human school!"