Regret

Dean X Reader 

Synopsis: You drunkenly sing how you feel about Dean, who is engaged to another hunter named Zoey, and immediately regret it. But what will Dean's reaction be? 

  You laid on your bed in the motel room, trying to drown out Zoey's giggles and Dean's sweet comments. Putting earplugs in, you picked up your book and began to read. A few minutes later, someone grabbed your ankle and you looked up to see Dean. 

  "Hey Y/n, Zoey and I are going to the bar. Wanna come?" He asked, wrapping an arm around his fiance's waist. You tried not to grimace, and nodded. 

   "Great, I asked Sam to come but he refused. Let's go." Zoey said in her high, slightly annoying voice. You got up, and looked at Sam. He winked at you, and you raised an eyebrow. 

   The three of you left, you being exhiled to the back seat. Once you arrived, you immediately went to the bar and ordered three shots of whiskey. They were all gone by the time Dean and Zoey walked in. 

   "Let's get a table." Dean offered. Zoey linked her arm through his and lead him over to a table meant for two. So much for coming as a group. You sat at the bar and ordered another drink. You were going to need a lot of those tonight. 

  "You okay hon? The only reason you'd be drinking this much is because of a guy." The bartender asked, she looked to be in about her mid-40's and had a kind face. 

   "I'm fine, can I get another glass of whiskey?" You asked, raising your empty glass. The woman looked at you in sympathy but poured you another glass. You glanced over to see Dean tuck a strand of Zoey's long brown hair behind her ear. Your heart once again broke and you hung your head so no one would see the tears swimming in your eyes. 

   A couple drinks later, you were beyond tipsy. You stumbled up to the stage and grabbed the mic, wobbling a little. 

   "This song goes out to Dean WInchester." You said, and you saw that Dean was watching you. 

 "Stone cold, stone cold

You see me standing, but I'm dying on the floor
Stone cold, stone cold
Maybe if I don't cry, I won't feel anymore

Stone cold, baby
God knows I try to feel
Happy for you
Know that I am, even if I
Can't understand, I'll take the pain
Give me the truth, me and my heart
We'll make it through
If happy is her, I'm happy for you

Hmmmm

Stone cold, stone cold
You're dancing with her, while I'm staring at my phone
Stone cold, stone cold
I was your amber, but now she's your shade of gold

Stone cold, baby
God knows I try to feel
Happy for you
Know that I am, even if I
Can't understand, I'll take the pain
Give me the truth, me and my heart
We'll make it through
If happy is her, I'm happy for you

Don't wanna be stone cold, stone
I wish I could mend this but here's my goodbye
Oh, I'm happy for you
Know that I am, even if I
Can't understand
If happy is her, If happy is her
I'm happy for you."

  You suddenly sobered up, realizing what you just did. The color drained from your face, and you were shaking. 

   "Oh God, I'm so sorry." You said into the mic. You ran off the stage and headed straight for the door. 

  "Y/n, wait!" You looked to see Dean getting up to follow you. You shook your head and walked into the cold night air. You ran down the street, the cold biting into your face and arms. 

   You stopped to catch your breath, and tears danced down your rosy cheeks. You had just ruined everything, what was wrong with you? Leaning against the brick wall behind you, you gulped down breaths. 

  "Y/n." You looked to your right to see Dean slowly approaching you. Zoey was nowhere in sight, and that made you curious. Where was she? 

  "Dean, it's okay. I made a mistake. You don't have to come talk to me, go back to Zoey." You said, almost hissing her name. Dean came closer. 

  "You think I followed you to say that you screwed up? Y/n I know I'm a jerk but that hurts a little." Dean replied, and you looked up at him. Your eyes were filled to the brim with tears, and it made it hard to see him. 

  "Then why are you out here Dean?" You asked, your voice breaking when you said his name. 

"I- Uh, I.. Damn it Y/n!" He exclaimed, pacing in a circle and running a hand through his hair. 

"What did I do?" You asked, feeling more awful by the second. Dean stopped pacing to look at you. 

  "No, you didn't do anything. I just don't know how to say it." Dean replied, and your curiosity peaked. What was so hard to say? 

  "He loves you." You looked behind Dean to see Zoey smiling sadly. "He loves you Y/n." She repeated. 

   "Zoey." Dean said, his voice soft and fragile. You stood there, frozen. Dean didn't love you, did he? 

   "Dean, it's okay. I understand. I'm not mad, but I hope you don't mind if I leave. I don't think I could bear staying." Zoey explained. 

  "Zoey, what are you talking about? You're not leaving. I love you." Dean argued, and you felt like you had just been stabbed in the chest. 

  "Dean, you may love me. But you're not in love with me." Zoey replied, daring Dean to reprimand her. 

   "I'm so sorry Zoey, I didn't mean to hurt you." Dean apologized, and your stomach did a somersalt. Did that mean it was true? 

  "It's fine, just don't make the same mistakes with her." Zoey said, pointing to you. Your mouth opened to speak but no words came out. 

   "Here." Zoey said, sliding off the engagement ring Dean had gotten her. "Give it to Y/n, when you two are ready. Bye Dean." She added. She kissed Dean's cheek and was gone. 

  "Dean?" You questioned, scared that at any moment you would wake up and this would shatter. He turned to you, but didn't take his eyes off the ring in his hand. "Dean?" You asked again, and he finally looked up. 

  "Y/n, can I kiss you?" He asked. Your breath hitched, was this really happening? You cleared your throat. 

  "Yes. Please." You replied, and he slowly walked over. He put the ring in his pocket and and placed a hand on each of your cheeks. You stood taller as Dean leaned down. Your lips finally met in a kiss full of love and tenderness, and that was all you cared about in that moment.