𝟔 | 𝐀𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐲

Regarding the updates, I've added two extra scenes to the end of this chapter!! Enjoy Kari and Sasuke's first interaction!

Naruto had told me so many things about the village last night, and about being a Shinobi. I'd regretted having to say goodbye to him, but he'd promised me we could walk in together at the Academy. It's finally my first day today, so I'm a little nervous about things. Something new like this, and so many other new things that I've had to deal with...

The Academy is located right at the base of the Hokage Monument. Naruto explained that only the strongest Shinobi could become Hokage. And today, Naruto said I'd be able to see his skills for my own eyes! He must be incredibly talented if he has such an ambition.

But I surely hope that tardiness won't be an obstacle for him; he's very late...

The Academy is actually really big. There are several other buildings that it's connected to, including the Lord Hokage's mansion, and just like his mansion, the kanji for "FIRE" is there, hanging above the entrance— "Morning!"

I must've spaced out, because when Naruto arrives, we end up scaring each other. His eyes are wide with surprise, but then it turns into amusement, as he starts to laugh.

"Sorry about that!" he says, a sheepish grin crossing his lips.

"No, I-I'm sorry," I say, and I smile, letting out a laugh of my own. "I wasn't really paying attention; I guess... I'm a little nervous."

A little? I repeat in my thoughts. That must be the greatest understatement of them all. I'm extremely nervous. Something strange floats inside my stomach; I've never felt anything like it before, so I take a deep breath, hoping it'll help it go away, but the exhale comes out shakily.

"Don't worry," Naruto says, losing his carefree smile and replacing it with one of reassurance. Almost instantly, I feel very weak, almost empty-like. But at least my pulse has slowed down. "You'll be fine! Well, as long as Iruka-sensei doesn't get mad like he always does..."

"Iruka-sensei... is our teacher, right?" I ask, thinking back to when Lord Hokage mentioned the name.

"Yeah, and he can be a real jerk sometimes, too!" he adds, and with this, he grabs my hand and pulls me up the stairs to the large doors, where he forces them open and runs inside with me in tow.