𝟗 | 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

A new scene has appeared!!

➜ Read it
➜ Let it go free

➜ Read it➜ Let it go free

Despite the strength of toothpaste I'd purchased from the store, I can still taste the miso on my tongue the next morning. I'm not as disgusted by this as I should be. Mr. Teuchi's ramen is unbeatable. It's even better than Makara-sensei's had been.

I met up with Naruto sometime later after Iruka-sensei's visit to the hospital for meeting with the Lord Hokage... and my feelings are still ripe, like a fresh wound. I wanted to blurt it out, every time I looked at Naruto last night, but... I was asked not to. A-And, maybe that's for the best? I'm not good at talking with people yet... Makara-sensei was my only practice, but that's just one type of person for so long; compared to her, Naruto is... he's a walking ball of sunlight. He makes you feel warm. A-At least, for me, I guess. I don't want to make him anymore sad. I know how much he idolizes the Fourth Hokage... and I can't be the one to ruin that for him.

Smacking my lips, I cling to my sheets, stretching away from my tiredness. But then I groan, realizing that I have to get up.

Today is the Academy's Photo Day, where we finally get to put together our official Shinobi portfolio! I've been waiting for this moment since I first heard of it. Though, I am a little nervous to get my first ever photo taken. W-What if I look bad?! I mean, I know I don't look great every single day, but the photo is going to... to... immortalize that.

Regardless of this possibility, I complete my morning with surprising speed: a shower, a thorough brush of my teeth and my tongue to remove the miso, a quick brush of my hair, a change of clothing from my snuggly-warm pajamas into my newly-purchased Genin outfit—just the same routine I've had for as long as I can remember. Rushing downstairs, I throw together a small breakfast of some scrambled eggs, a perfectly ripe pear, and some milk. It's not as good as eating a hot bowl of ramen, but it's still tasty.

Chugging back the rest of my drink, I run to the front door, slip on my sandals, attach my weapon holster to my left thigh, and tie my new Konoha headband around my waist, grinning into the mirror by the door. It might not be possible for me to be any happier. Well, I might be... if I could show Makara-sensei.