Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Stressed

• Kate's POV •

3 months with an infant can bring you joy, love, and, the hardest one of all, stress. Every night I have to get up, change Jack, feed him, burp him, put him back to sleep, only to do it again and again and again. But it's worth it.

My eyes fluttered open as I heard the sound of crying. I sighed, rolled over, and nudged Castle in the shoulder. "Castle. Caaastle. It's your turn to change him." I whispered as he opened his eyes and huffed. "Ok, I'll go cha-" he said as he yawned. Castle stumbled out of the bedroom and headed toward the nursery.

I sighed out of relief and plopped my head back on the pillow. I could hear the faint whine of our baby upstairs. Soon enough, the crying stopped and there were creaky footsteps coming down the stairs.

Castle appeared in the doorway and paused. He rubbed his eyes, yawned, and proceeded to the bed. He tucked under the covers and turned toward me. I sat up and looked at him. We stared at each other for a minute, our eyes fluttering shut and then snapping open again.

Castle broke the silence. "You know, Beckett, since Jack was born, we haven't had anytime to, you know..." He raised his eyebrows. I nodded, agreeing with him. I scooted closer to him and unwrapped the loop on his robe.

"Well, he's asleep right now, and I do agree with you." I replied as I laid my hand on his chest and slid it down to the bottom of his stomach. I bit my lip and smiled, looking into his bright blue eyes. I leaned down and our chests pressed together, fitting like two puzzle pieces. Our lips were just about to collide when the sound of crying rang out of the baby monitor.

I sat up and groaned. "I just changed him. He must be hungry." Castle stated "It's your turn, momma." He slapped my back, signaling for me to get up. I sighed, got up, and headed out of the bedroom and up the stairs, proceeding to fulfill my duties as a mother.