Blind Beauty | 12

a/n: All I can say is that this chapter was an utter ass to write. I love it and hate it. Dedicated to palenomian101 for the amazing drawing of the Beast! I never expected anything like this so thank you so much, I really, really love it. Thank you.

THIS WILL BE EDITED.

Chapter Doce

Arlette,” a voice urged, shaking her rather madly.

Arlette groaned, turning away.

“Wake up,” it hissed.

She thought she didn’t recognize the voice but then—

“Ember?” Arlette frowned, feeling confused as she slowly started to turn and place herself in a sitting position.

Ember sounded relieved. “Yes, yes, that’s me. I was afraid you won’t be able to recognize me.”

Arlette felt a bit light headed, but she didn’t pay attention to it. “Why wouldn’t I?” She mumbled, half asleep.

Ember thought about it. “I don’t know, really. I’m just really worried. I haven’t seen you since the day of the choosing.”

Arlette frowned, shifting slowly in place. “Was that so long ago?” She had lost track of time—of everything, really.

“A little bit over a week.”

Arlette’s eyes widened in shock. “What?” Was she asleep this whole time?

Where has the Prince been sleeping then?

Most certainly not with her.

“Mom, dad, and grandma had been worried sick about you.” Ember said, taking Arlette’s hands in hers, she was talking fast, as if she was in a hurry. “And I just needed to see you to make sure you were alright.” Arlette sensed fear and desperation.

Arlette tried to remember everything that happened that night. She remembered it all. And it felt like it had just happened.

Something came to her mind.

“But where were mom, dad, and grandma? I didn’t sense them...” She trailed off, confused.

“They were somewhere. We couldn’t see them, but they could. We were behind some invisible shield or something...” Ember said thoughtfully.

Arlette was quite surprised as she nodded. She sensed that if she asked Ember how’d she knew, Ember wouldn’t tell her, so she stayed quiet.

“How’d you get in here?” Arlette then asked, curious.

“It doesn’t matter. I gotta go now,” she hugged Arlette briefly, “someone’s coming.” Ember said quickly, letting go of Arlette.

Arlette quickly stopped her by grabbing her hand before she could go any further.  It pained  her that her sister had to go just like that. “Wait, Ember...” Tears pricked at the corners of her green orbs. “Tell them I’ll see them soon.”

Ember was silent before she found her voice. “I will,”

Ember made a move to go, but Arlette held her hand tighter, “Are you going to be okay?”