14 / Heartstrings

• Dedicated to purpletaco

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

 14 / Heartstrings

"This delivery boy..." I grumbled under my breath as I followed him.

Bryce and I stopped walking once we reached the outside of an abandoned green house towards the lonesome side of Legends Garden. Once Bryce turned around, he didn't have that tensed glare anymore. Instead, was that infamous smirk that seemed to be permanent on his face.

Folding my arms, I commented about what he did, "What was that about?"

"Sorry, did I ruin something important?" Bryce taunted with a smirk.

Thinking back at that moment, Logan did look like he was in the middle of saying something. Bryce over here just had to "rise from the dead" and come out of nowhere. When I didn't reply back, Bryce started to chuckle softly.

As Bryce shook his head side to side, he preached, "I didn't like what I was seeing."

My eyebrows scrunched together as I inquired, "Bryce, what are you talking about?"

Raising his hand up, Bryce gestured to forget about it. His blue eyes now jumped at me, and he gave me a sideways grin.

"Daisie, you act like you're the victim. I seriously thought you died. Explain."

As I continued to stand there dumbfounded, I eventually realized the delivery boy must have been talking about how I made myself disappear this past two weeks. Ignoring that, I wasn't going to let Bryce get away with what happened.

I stated dryly, "What you did was rude."

"Look who's talking," he retorted in a clever tone.

Biting my tongue, I soon replied, "Okay, I'm sorry Bryce Valentino for missing your birthday. I'm sorry for driving your expensive Ferrari without permission. I'm sorry for not saying sorry to you earlier. I'm sorry for making it seem like I died. I'm sorry."

As soon as I finished, Bryce inched his face closer to mine. As I took a few steps back, I felt my back hitting against the glass wall of the greenhouse. Great. I was about to be surrounded by Bryce — once again. Squinting my eyes, I waited for some reply.

Bryce stated, his breath smelling like peppermint, "Actually, I don't care about you driving my car, but to miss my birthday, that's very unforgivable."

Why did he have to smell so good? 

Not only his breath, but his masculine yet light cologne was drawing me in.

Mentally shaking my head, I bit my lower lip before settling a peace offering, "I'll buy you hazelnut coffee everyday as an apology and a gift."

Those sky blue eyes blinked mockingly, and Bryce commented, "That's it? All the hazelnut coffee in the world isn't going to fix it."

Glancing away, I murmured, "I had my reasons, Bryce. I really am sorry." 

The sudden memory of my conversation with his mother reappeared — those cold brown eyes were inevitable. Suddenly, Bryce's voice lightened. 

"I know." 

When I finally looked back up at our close distance, his lips stretched into a close grin.

Bryce then revealed, "I am just a delivery boy, right?"

My eyes widened hearing him say those words like that. He was mocking me. My private daisy to daisy conversation was with Bryce this whole time? How humiliating could this get? How could I have not recognized his voice?