Chapter 1 - Mama

Chapter One - Mama

Stiles was enjoying his first Saturday night of summer vacation in his room watching his Star Wars DVD set in his bedroom. His dad was working the night shift again so it was just him. He was planning on finish the first two volumes then turning in early. After all the shit they've dealt with the past year he deserved a quiet night alone. To rest. When he was half way through the second volume his phone rang.

'Sourwolf'

Why the heck would Derek be calling him, Stiles wondered. He answered the call.

"Hello oh mighty Sourwolf. What can I do for you and make it quick because I swear-" Stiles stopped when he heard wailing in the background.

"I-is that a baby?" Stiles asked.

"Just. Get to the house. Now." And before Stiles could say anything, Derek hung up the phone.

Stiles scrambled up off his bed, grabbing his keys and shutting off the DVD. He didn't even bother to change out of his pyjamas. He ran as fast as his clumsy feet could carry him for this was an urgent matter. Derek Hale should not be left alone with a baby. Ever.

As soon as Stiles entered Derek's loft he was greeted by the sight of Boyd and Erica looking ready to tear their hair out, wailing and growling. 

"What the hell is going on here?" Stiles demanded. Just as he said this, Derek came out with a wailing bundle in his arms, looking more tired than usual.

"Stiles, thank God!" Derek said. 

"What the hell happened? And where'd you get the baby?"

"I don't know. Erica and Boyd- Would you shut the hell up!" Derek stopped mid sentence to shout at the baby in his arms.

"Give him to me," Stile said grabbing the baby from Derek's arms. "You can't just yell at babies like that Derek," he said, putting the small bundle who looked to be only a year old in the crook of his neck. He walked around, patting the baby's back until his waling quieted down to little sniffles. 

When Stiles was satisfied that the baby was calm enough, he turned back to Derek, only to find him, Erica and Boyd taring at him in amazement.

"What? Are you not going to tell me what happened?" Stiles raised an eyebrow.

"Well Isaac, Boyd and I went out running for a bit and we split up after a while. Then when we were on our way back we heard crying and we found Isaac like this," Erica said.

"Wait this is Isaac?" Stiles asked. The three wolves infront of him nodded.

"Oh, ok. Weird. We need to go see Deaton tomorrow. Derek, I'm going to go clean Isaac up a bit. Drive back to my place and check the basement for the old carseat I used when I was a Kid. It's wrapped in red plastic. If we're taking you car, Isaac needs to be safe," Stiles instructed. Derek nodded and left. Stiles turned to Erica and Boyd.

"Get me a pen and paper, will you?" he asked Erica who quickly did so. The couple watched as Stiles scribbled out a list unto the paper.

"Here, go to the store and get these for me. We don't know how long he'll be like this and we need to be prepared."

"How are we going to pay for all this baby crap?" Boyd asked.

"We aren't. Derek is," Stiles said with a grin.

He walked up the stairs to Derek's bedroom and quickly washed up mini-Isaac who Stiles found out liked making gurgle noises when playing with bubbles.

Stiles set Isaac, wrapped up in a towel and all, on Dereks bed and searched Dereks drawers for something to put on him. He found a gray shirt and deided that this was enough until Erica and Boyd got back with the stuff.

They got back a few minutes after Derek returned with the car seat. Stiles rummaged through the bags and gave a satisfied hum. He put one of the diapers on Isaac and made him some formula. After feeding Isaac, he burped him and turned to Derek, who he noticed was watching him.

"I didn't know you were this good with babies," Derek stated.

"Never underestimate the Great Stiles Stilinski!" Stiles declared. Derek actually laughed. A sound Stiles found himself wanting to hear over nd over again. He cleared his throat.

"Um, well, where am I sleeping and where is Isaac sleeping because there is no way in hell that I'm leaving you with Isaac."

"My room. Babies tend to do better when they're near their parents or in this case, their Alpha."

"Oh," was all Stiles said as he followed Derek into his bedroom. He put Isaac down beside Derek and was about to leave for the couch when Isaac said something shocking.

"M-mama."