Chapter 4 - Isaac's Secret

Deaton sighhed. "It looks like Derek didn't tell you yet," he said.

"Tell me what?" Stiles asked, his curiosity spiking.

"Come inside, I'll explain everything to you," was the reply he got. 

Inside Deaton's office, Stiles balanced Isaac on his lap and waited for the man to begin. He also noticed Scott standing defensively out of the corner of his eye.

Deaton cleared his throat. "Do you know what a complete pack is?" he asked.

Stiles shook his head the same time Scott piped up, "It's when a werewolf pack has all three types of members. Alpha, Beta and Omega."

"Yes, Scott that's correct but you're missing one type. The Luna. The Luna," Deaton said, looking over at Stiles who had began bouncing Isaac on his knee,  "is essentially the mother of the pack. They are the nurturer, care-giver and the go-to person for comfort when needed."

"OK, so basically I'm the nanny of the pack. Why'd you make it sound like it was something big?" Stiles asked.

"You really don't know, do you?" Deaton said.

"Obviously," Stiles said, getting impatient.

"Stiles, the Luna is the Alpha's mate."

Stiles stared at Deaton for a while after that, completely in shock. He was only brought back by Isaac, who had begun to wail. Stiles decided to push the whole mate business to the back of his mind and deal with Derek later. Yupp, Derek's going to get a major cuss-out from Stiles when they get home. Isaac was the main reason he had came in the first place and decided to deal with that first. 

Stiles put the wailing baby in the crook of his neck and began pacing around the small office, rocking him gently and cooing softly at him. When Isaac settled down, Stiles looked back at Deaton.

"Okay, I'll deal with that little bit of information later. Right now I need to know if you have any idea why Isaac's like this, and how to reverse it," Stiles said, still rocking Isaac gently, who was now letting out tiny baby snores. 

"I know exactly what's happened here," Deaton said.

"Shoot," Stiles said.

"Well I think Isaac started to notice how the pack was like a family, and how he was somehow the baby of the pack. I think Isaac loved being the baby of the pack so much that he wanted the Alpha and Luna to be his real parents. Isaac's childhood wasn't the best and I think he somehow wanted to relive it, but with better parents this time around."

"Oh," Stiles said, thoughtful. Isaac did have a rough past and Stiles didn't blame him one bit for wanting something better. But then a thought ocurred to him.

"I get that," Stiles said, "But exactly how did he get changed into a baby?" Stiles asked.

"Before Isaac's mother died, she was a very good friend of mine. She was also in the know of the supernatural. In fact, she was a witch, herself," Deaton said. "I think that some of her abilities passed down to Isaac and his desire to relive his childhood was so strong that it woke the dormant magic in his blood. He, unknowingly, did this to himself."

"Oh, wow!" Stiles exclaimed. "Isaac's part witch. Well that explains everything. But how do we change him back?' Stiles asked. 

"I have a special powder. It undos any spell cast by a witch unless said witch uses a ward. Isaac did this without a clue so there will be no ward up. Hoever it does take a couple hours to ware off," Deaton said, handing Stiles a jar of greenish looking dust.