Chapter 35

Chapter Thirty Five - Hold On
[Jaime]
"Hey, Jamie." Eliza quips through the phone, heart shattering at the fact she used my full name when she never does. It was always Jams. I sigh.
"Hey, how you holding up, Ellie-bug?" I say, using her nickname in hopes she would use mine.

"I'm alright. Just waiting for him to wake up. I need to hear his voice. I need to know mentally if he's gonna be okay." She says, her voice throaty as I know she begins to tear up.

"He'll pull through. He's got a strong woman by his side." I quip, hoping to cheer her up.

"I know, Zoë's been so wonderful to have around. She's helped me with my panic attacks and my break downs. She really is a strong woman...." She chirps.

"I was talking about you..." I mumble as she talks on about Zoë.

"I just love him so much and she can see that and we both just really want to get him some help for his alcohol addiction." She continues, clearly not having heard me.

She rambles on for about another 5 minutes about how she and his family want to get him enrolled in a rehab facility that will help.
And that's when I become so fed up.

"Ellie?? Ellie-Bug??" I question.

She rambles on.

"Eliza!!!" I raise my voice a bit. Her talking stops.

"I would like to talk to you... I called for a reason." I say, slightly angry and just plain fed up with her Joe talk.
For two weeks since the accident she has done nothing but call me and talk to me about Joe.
I'm done.
"W-what is it?" She croaks out, a bit scared as I have never raised my voice at her before.

"This is hard to say but I just wanted to tell you because I can't do this anymore. I miss him to much. So I'm going to go be with him. I'm going to go be with my brother." I rush out.

"Jaime..." She sighs.
"You need to hold on, life will get better." She says.

"You don't need me anymore, you have him back. And I hate it here at home." I mumble out.

She sighs.
"Look I got to go, Jaime but hold on for me will ya. Joe just woke up. I'll talk to you later." She hangs up.

"My point exactly..." I mumble.

"JAIME!!!" My mother screams.

"WHAT!?!?" I scream back.

"WHY DIDNT YOU DO YOURE CHORES!?!" She screams.

I stand up from my desk and thats when I knew that I had to leave.
Grabbing my keys, I climb out the window.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
•Cali• (Jaime's mother)
That ignorant, piece of shit child.
I clearly told him before I left for work to do his gosh damn chores.
Ever since he's been hanging out with that damn girl he's been so ignorant and disobedient.
Makes me want to pull out my paddle and whoop him.

I sigh in frustration as I slam the dishwasher door shut.

Been on my feet all gosh damn day and that stupid boy can't even do his chores and answer his mother back.

I stomp my way up the stairs, toss my heels into my room and knock on his.

"Jaime Andrew Lee Good, open this damn door so I can whoop that ass of yours." I scorn.

Nothing, not even the tiniest sounds of shuffling.

I pound again.
"Jaime!!!! Open this damn door!" I say, beginning to get pissed off.

I bang a couple more times before giving up and storming off.

"Worthless piece of shit anyways." I mumble as I head back downstairs.
-----------------------------------
Now you get a little more detail into the character of Cali or Jaime's mother.
Leave me a comment.
Vote, fan, share.
~Stay Gold Suggaros!
-Ashley
[Remember six more chapters and an epilogue left.]