The burden

Mongo POV

It was that day again, me and dad had to head out for a while to get some food. As it turns out Neil one of my younger siblings eats a lot. And he broke into the food storage, again.

"I swear compared to the rest of you kids you are the only one who actually behaves" my dad said to me.

"I'm just like this father, at least you and them can grow bigger I'm stuck at this size for life" I said to him.

As it turns out unlike most vexesaurians I can't grow willfully. I guess I weak that way, don't get me wrong I am indeed strong. I'm actually stronger than most of the village, I even beat the head if us in an arm wrestling match.

Still I wish I could just grow for once at will.

"Come on son, it isn't that bad, like everyone says you don't need to grow to gain strength, you already strong enough to take down one of us at seventy feet" dad said again.

I then looked down, 'at least the rest of my siblings are liked by our village' I thought. 'Everyone else thinks I'm a monster'.

We got back from our little food run. As expected everyone there was giving me the stink eye. No one in the village liked me because I looked different from them. And because I was stronger.

At least I had a few friends. "Hey Mongo" I heard my friend Nini say. "Hi Nini" I greeted back. She was like me in a way because she may have looked normal but she was smaller then the normal variety.

However only one vexesaurian was mean enough to actually pick on me. "Hey greenie" I heard him call. "Hey leave him alone Giganth" Nini said.

"Can it shorty" he said at full seventy feet. "You and greenie here are both disgraces to the Vexesaurian race" he said. As angry as I was I didn't hit him, I had to control my temper and avoid hurting anyone. Even if he did deserve it.

"You can't grow" he said gesturing to Nini. He then pointed to me, "and other than the same thing, you're a big fat, green, shelled freak. What are those things on your hands anyway?" He taunted.

I clenched my fist then calmed down, "don't listen to Giganth Nini, remember he isn't worth getting punished over. He ain't worth anything and the only thing he's ever used his size for was to taunt others" I said.

He went red with rage, "and just for the record, I don't know what these are for" I said referring to the barrels on my hand.

We then walked away. "Good job son, as always you handled that like a true Vexesaurian, we are gentle giants by heart and you didn't resort to violence" my dad said.

"Still want to punch him though" I said, "don't we all" he responded.