Chapter Thirteen: Singing Practice

Hey everyone! Its your pal, The Killjoy Bride! New year, new chapter! Yay! I just want to thank you all for the wonderful comments, it really makes my day better! I hope you all enjoy this little chapter, please leave a vote if you do! This one was fun to write! Anyways, later my Killjoys and enjoy this chappy.

~**~

After playing a few more games with the boys, you decided to turn in, fatigue taking over your body sluggishly. You thank them all for inviting you to hang out, practically having to shake Frank off you.

You walk back to your bus in a content silence, trying not to ponder too many things. Other than that embarrassing moment while playing 'never have I ever' everything went really well. Thinking about that moment brings the blood rushing to your face. You cant believe that happened!

Silently slipping onto your bus, you tiptoe around, doing your best not to wake your travel-mates up. You grab your sleepwear and quickly slink into the bus bathroom to change. You know that most girls your age wear silk nighties or lacy shit to bed, but you've always found solace in wearing a pair of baggy pyjama pants and a band shirt. So, you pull on your very fucking classy SpongeBob pants and tug a Fall Out Boy shirt on over your head. You then brush your teeth with little enthusiasm and drag your body to your bunk, flopping down with all the grace of a garbage bin sliding down a rainy street.

~**~

Another long ass bus ride, another hectic setup before the show and you're feeling dead on your feet again. The band has just left the stage, and your job at disassembling all the tech has begun again. You hum under your breath, getting lost in your work. Before you know it, everything has gone deathly silent. A quick look around shows that you seem to be completely alone in the venue, everyone else having packed up and left. You feel slightly unsettled, but you're almost done so you power through your job.

You've finished packing up and set your things aside for the roadies to load up, usually after you're done you head back to your bus to rest, but something about today, the silence of it all, makes you want to stay and wander the smaller venue.

Strolling leisurely around, you manage to find your way onto the stage of the little outdoor venue. Its dark now, sky clear and full of stars, air crisp. Its a moment, a feeling, that leaves you a bit in awe of your life. You take a deep breath, letting the cool air fill your lungs, stinging your chest slightly. You open your eyes and stare into the dark swirling mass of dark blue and black, watching the stars twinkle above you. A feeling of peace washes over you. Playing with your fingers, you walk over to the empty mic stand that is still set up, you step up to it, almost shyly. You're not much of a singer honestly, but for some reason your eyes flutter closed and the soft crooning words tumble from your lips.

"Wise men say, only fools rush in. But, I cant help falling in love with you."

In your mind you can hear the music clear as day, and even though your voice is a bit raspy, you think it fits with the way you sing.

"Shall I stay?  Would it be a sin, if I cant help falling in love with you?  Like a river flows, surely to the sea. Darling, so it goes, somethings are meant to be. Take my hand, take my whole life, too. For I cant help falling in love with you. Like a river flows, surely to the sea. Darling, so it goes, somethings are meant to be. Take. My. Hand. Take my whole life, too. For I cant help falling in love with you..."

You take in a long, shuddery breath, as your voice echoes out the last line across the venue clear as day. Flashes of dyed red hair and a crooked smile appear in your mind.

"For I, cant help, falling in love with you..."

You let the song trail off, opening your eyes to the empty darkness once more. A loud bout of clapping starts behind you, making you jump and spin around, embarrassed that someone heard you.

Gerard.

Of course it would have to be him of all people. Gerard, standing there with a soft smile and warm eyes that you could do easily call home.

"That was amazing, [F/N]." He says softly, as if he can't believe it. His words are sincere and your heart does a little jump in your chest.

"I thought everyone was gone." Is all your brain is able to muster up in reply. You must look like such an idiot, just standing there with a deer caught in headlights look.
Gerard only laughs, an adorable sound that you greedily wish for more of.

"I just came back to pick up some shoes that Mikey forgot, long story don't ask, when I heard someone singing. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be you!" He scratches the back of his neck, and you wonder if the blush on his cheeks is just a figment of your imagination.

Now that he's mentioned it, you notice the pair of well-worn brown leather combat boots dangling by the laces in the fingers of the arm that has been at his side, and briefly you want to ask for the story behind them, but when you look back to Gerard, and see the tiredness of his eyes, you think better of it.

"You should get some rest, Gerard. You guys preformed really well today, you deserve some sleep." You say gently, wishing you could stand closer to him, pull him into a hug and make the mix of sadness and lack of sleep go away.

He laughs again, this time weak and tired. "Yeah, you're right. See you later, [N/N]."

He turns to go and you watch him, fondness and something else beating in your heart.
He turns around suddenly again.
"Hey, we have a few days off now before the next show, do you wanna hang out with me tomorrow? I just need to run some errands, but...."

He trails off, looking shy and uncertain. You fight to tamp down the smile that's threatening to take over your face.
"That would be awesome, Gerard. Of course I will."

His face lights up, "Great! Uh, I'll find you tomorrow, so make sure to be ready to go around 12:30!"

He gives you one last smile and a small wave before he's walking away again, this time however with a more noticeably more relaxed and happy step.