2

b/r: read author's note at the end. hope you enjoy!

 She wouldn't tell this to anybody, but sometimes, Adéla wished she could be just normal. She wasn't out of what you would consider "the ordinary", and it wasn't the things she said or did, but she had to admit she could be more than weird sometimes. She once read in a psychology book that the mind cannot create new faces, meaning that if you ever see an unknown male or woman in your dream, you saw his or her face somewhere, you just don't remember.

But how come she kept dreaming about this guy? Since she moved to that house, she's had tons of dreams about the same guy. She could even remember the details, and every time she remembered, it felt as if he was somewhat real. She once swore she could feel someone staring at her, and the first person she could think of was that unknown man with tired green eyes and curly hair. His voice would be barely audible, and his skin would always have that pale color.

And last night's dream wasn't any different from the others, except this time, she could actually hear his voice, smell his scent- it smelled like the white sweater she received a week ago. She remembered holding his hand, but she actually didn't feel a thing.

She also remembered feeling her hand piercing through the curly haired man's skin, like it wasn't even there; like he was air, like he was nothing... like he was anything but human.

She was getting tired of this: of having the same dream with the same man, every single night. Just with one thing changing: his voice became louder and louder with every dream.

She couldn't go to sleep and falling into a peaceful slumber, because she knew she would see him, and it somewhat terrified her. She'd always ask him the same question: "Is it time?", to which he always replied: "Not yet, Adéla, but soon, love, soon."

What did that even mean? She didn't know- and she actually felt safer not knowing anything.

"This will drive me crazy," Adéla muttered to herself as she poured some freshly brewed coffee into her favorite mug- it was a porcelain mug with bold black lyrics that said "Have A Nice Cup Of Wake The Fuck Up."

"Morning honey," her dad said as he entered the kitchen hurriedly before grabbing a banana from the fruit bowl, "bye honey."

"Bye dad." Adéla rolled her eyes; she wanted to be mad at her dad since he was always busy, but he was a businessman, and businessmen are always busy. She heard the front door slam closed, signaling his dad was outside. She didn't know if it was the lack of sleep or something else, but she could've sworn she saw something walking behind her, a gush of cold air following. She turned around almost immediately, but found the spot behind her empty.

A loud crash echoed around the house, and Adéla's heart jumped. She left the mug on the counter and rushed to her room, where the crashing sound came from.

Adéla always thought that the worst part about cliché horror movies was when the stupid main character ran towards the source of the creepy sound or shadow- and now that she was doing the same, she felt stupid. She understood the main character now, seeing as curiosity can take you anywhere, but she still felt like the stupid main character.

She slowed down when she reached her room, quickly going to her father's room to grab his old baseball bat, just in case it was an intruder. She cursed silently; her parents didn't always make the best decisions, but leaving her alone on the house they just moved a week ago was the worst decision they've ever made.

She tiptoed towards her room, bat in hand, giving her bedroom door a slight push causing this one to open, letting her inside.

No one. There was no one in there. But Adéla kept her guard up, checking her closet and bathroom, and even down her bed. When she saw no one was there, she gave up, setting the baseball bat next to the desk. She looked around her room, trying to find the broken item that had caused such a scandal in the first place, but she found nothing.

Everything was exactly the way it was this morning before she left to make a quick cup of coffee for herself.

She sat at the edge of her bed, staring at nothing in particular for quite a while.

These dreams were making her somewhat paranoid; she couldn't deny it, when she heard that crash, he was the first person that crossed her mind. To finally meet this mysterious man, she thought, but she knew that was not going to happen any time soon. 

She patted the comforter on her bed, running her hand through the white sheets in an attempt to calm herself from all this early euphoria. She couldn't help but believe what happened wasn't just a coincidence, and that it actually had to do with the house and its history. She had too noticed that since she and her parents moved here, weird things always happened. Plates falling, weird dreams, crashing sounds when actually nothing broke- it had to do with the house, she knew it. A cold shiver ran up her spine when her hand ran over another material she hadn't seen on her bed, she looked at it: it was another post-it. 

Sorry for causing you such a jolt, darling, but I cannot be seen. I do want to, but I don't think such beautiful eyes as yours are prepared to see such a monster like me. Meanwhile, I'll just wait... wait until you're ready to face it, ready to face me. Until then, I'm just your secret admirer: the one who looks at your shiny hair and your concentrated face as I appreciate and draw it from afar; the one who thinks of you when the sun rises to when it decays, and my thoughts continues as the moon watches carefully over me, and as I see it rays touch your delicate face. Our encounter can wait.

She could feel her cheeks heating up; she had never been described so beautifully, not even by her own boyfriend. Just as she finished reading the note, her heart stopped when she read the last line. 

We will meet. Not yet, Adéla, but soon, love, soon.

Just like in her dream.

a/n: dedicated to diamondnikkii, because she's such a bae and her comment on the last chapter was amazing. dedicated, on soul, to TrishStyles because she is just amazing, and if you could dedicated a chapter to more than one user at a time, i'd dedicate all of my chapters to her. sorry it's short, this is kind of a filler, because i don't want anything big to happen on the second chapter, i mean- come on man, that gives too much of the story away. sorry if it sucks, i feel like it did. like, this chapter is really boring. period.

fun fact: before i even joined the 5SOS Fam, or before i even knew 5SOS existed, i dreamt about ashton. yep, ashton irwin. when i saw he actually existed and he was part of a band i was about to faint, i was so freaked out. and then i read that the human brain cannot create new faces, i freaked out even more. because i swear that i had never seen ashton until then. 

[tell me your thoughts about this, good or not, please be honest, and i may dedicate the next chapter to you.]

you guys, please, should i set a goal or not? remember that the more votes (((and comments are important, too))) i get, the faster the update. please tell me what you think of this, it really does help me write. okay, i should go now.

love you,

laura x.