4

unedited

-

It wasn't the first time something so weird happened to Adéla; it wasn't the first time she recieved letters like the one she just read. But it was somewhat different from the others: this was wasn't just something cheesy- this was something that started as a cheesy, beautiful apology, and it ended in the creepiest line ever. It only consisted of a simple sentence, nothing threatening, nothing morbid; but that simple sentence put Adéla on edge. She had dreamt of it so many times, that same thing being said over and over, and here it was, written on a scrumbled paper. Was this some kind of sick joke? If so, she wasn't laughing at all.

What was with all the letters, anyways? She hadn't been long enough in Oakwood to make someone hate her as much to the point where they would joke around like this; she hadn't been long enough to have someone fall for her. She was just as pretty as average could let you be. Back in her old town, she was just an average girl with an average life; she had a boyfriend, yes, but that didn't change anything. What made her so special, then? Was it her herself, or something else? Was she too weak, too naïve?

She scrumbled the piece of paper and threw it somewhere around the room, thinking that that would make it easier, forgetting everything. She let herself fall back in her bed, holding onto her pillows for dear life.

"Adéla, Adéla are you okay?" Her mom asked from the doorframe. Adéla jumped; she was so lost in the situation, that she didn't hear her mom return from her morning jog.

"Mom, you scared me," Adéla panted, a hand touching her chest, "yes, I am, just tired."

"Oh well," Adéla's mom entered with a semi-cold cup of coffee in hand, setting it on the desk, she turned to her daughter, "you left this on the kitchen."

"Yeah, thanks," Adéla said with a sly smile, taking the now cold cup of coffe on her hands.

"Is something wrong? You look... pale." Her mother said, walking closer to get a better view of her daughter's face. "What's that?" She tried to take the note from Adéla's hands, but she backed away almost instantly.

"My... my, um, homework." She mumbled, faking a cough. "Now that you say it, I think I'm feeling kind of sick."

"What do you have?" Her mother asked worried.

"My throat hurts and my head is spinning. I feel like my legs may give up at any time." This part wasn't a lie, though; she knew what made her feel sick so suddenly. 2 sentences 10 words 37 letters. Those same 2 sentence 10 words and 37 letters she's dreamt about over and over again.

"If you're feeling bad, you can stay," her mom suggested, "we don't want the 7th grade accident repeating all over again, now do we?"

"Mom, why did you have to say that?" Adéla crunched up her nose in disgust at the thought of it; puking all over your desk and your crush's desk wasn't a good thing to remember.

"Whatever." She laughed softly, "I'll call the school. You should get some rest."

Adéla nodded, though she was a little scared to stay home. Her dad went to work, and her mom would have to do the same too, so she would stay alone; which meant she'd be exposed to that crazy-psycho-note-writer-jerk.

"Can you take care of me?" Adéla pouted. She didn't want to stay alone with crazy-psycho-note-writer-jerk; what if he appears and he's actually a psycho? What if he has a gun? What if he rapes her? She now dreaded the fact that showed her location on those Instagram pictures she posted. Why the hell did she had to put where her new house was? Anyone could find her; even crazy-psycho-note-writer-jerk., though he already had.