Chapter 15

I'm tired of hiding... I keep seeing him but it's a dream. That's all he is is a dream... Right?

You can't go out there yet. There's too many things to hurt you.

Are you sure? I saw him and it felt like he was really there. I felt him and I smelled him... Roy... He had come to save me...

It's not safe yet, Brother.

Are you sure?

You need to just stay alive, remember?

^But I felt him... so near... I saw him... I saw him...

It's not safe yet...

***********************

"But I saw him..." Edward mumbled in his sleep.

He woke up and looked around, unfamiliar with the scenery around him. A snore caught his attention and he looked down to see Roy with his head on his arms as he slept beside him. He looked around the room again when the door opened and a nurse walked in. Seeing Edward up, she smiled sweetly at him. Roy suddenly was awake and smacked a little as he turned to the nurse.

"Good morning, Colonel. It looks like our little patient is up and ready."

Roy turned to Edward and smiled a tired smile.

"I'm glad you're awake." He said softly.

"My eye hurts..."

"You fell off the monkey bars at the park and hurt yourself."

He vaguely remembered that but he was having a hard time remembering much at the moment. It was all fuzzy. The nurse walked over to him and began to take his vitals as he stared at Roy in a quite intense way.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I know you're not Roy but you look like him. Are you his brother?"

Roy moved his mouth to the side. "No... Edward, I'm Roy. I'm Roy Mustang."

"No. You're Colonel."

Roy wasn't trying to push himself onto Edward, like Riza had suggested he not do, but if he could just get a small bit of nudging in the right direction, maybe the hidden Edward would catch on.

"What does Roy look like?"

"He has black hair and black eyes and is really tall. His hair is ugly."

"Hey."

"It's all swooshed this way. Like this." Edward pulled his hair in front of his face and he made a scowl. "Grr, I'm Roy."

"Roy seems to be quite the character. Does he always look angry?"

"No, he looks..." Edward's eyes widened just a bit and Roy hoped it was a small glimpse of realization but it seemed to fade and Roy sighed. "He looks bored."

Roy had to laugh. "Bored?"

"Uh huh."

"Well... that's a new one on me. How's your head?"

"It hurts and it's kind of fuzzy."

"I see. Well, if the nurse says you're ready to go then we can get out of here."

"Yup, he's all ready."

Roy nodded as she left and he grabbed Edward's clothes to put on him.

****************