24. Film Night

IT’S CALLED A “FILM”

So, when I started writing this, it didn’t really come out the way I thought it would, so keep that in mind, And wow, this is ridiculous…enjoy!

COLE

You lean against him, head pressed to his chest. Nothing matters right now. It doesn’t matter what they say, it doesn’t matter what they think, it doesn’t matter what they do. It doesn’t matter, because he’s here and you’re here and as you wrap your arms around him, you can feel his heart beating and you know he’s yours. The dull sound of the film is white noise as you slowly drift off to sleep.

His eyes are fixed on the screen as he absentmindedly strokes your hair. Nights like this are something he loves. He loves it when the film is playing and you’re lying on his chest, feeling safe and secure enough to drift off to sleep. So when your breathing is soft and even, he turns his head and places a gentle kiss on your forehead.

You smile in your sleep.

DALTON

You laugh with him, watching a cheap horror film. You’re not a fan of scary things, but this one is just ridiculous and you’re actually enjoying all the cheap scares and making fun of everything that happens onscreen. The two of you are sitting, curled up on the couch, sharing a blanket. You lean over and rest your cheek against his shoulder. He freezes and slowly turns to look at you. You smile at him and he smiles back, turning so your head falls on his chest and he pulls you into his lap, wrapping his arms around your waist. He doesn’t say it, but you know he’s glad that you’re here, glad that you’re so close, glad that he has you. And you’re glad to have him, too. Even if things stay platonic forever, at least he was once in your life.

DANA

It’s just a comedy sort of night. You lean back on the couch with your hands behind your head and Dana subconsciously mirrors you. You look over at his relaxed expression and smile to yourself, knowing that he’s only like this when he feels safe. He doesn’t usually let his walls down, he doesn’t like to be vulnerable. But he is when he’s with you. You know everything about him, and he knows you could use it against him, but he trusts you, because he knows you won’t.

But the film plays and you both watch it, knowing it’s time for some well-needed comedy relief and a break from harsh realities. He slips his arm around your shoulders and gives your arm a squeeze. You reach up and squeeze his hand, because he doesn’t have to say anything for you to know, you just do.

GABE

You sit cross-legged on the couch, a bowl of popcorn in your lap. You’re completely engrossed in the film, but Gabe is getting visibly bored. Your hand hovers over the popcorn bowl as you stare wide-eyed at the events unraveling onscreen.

He turns to look at you and grows frustrated with not being the center or your attention. He leans back and lays his head in your lap. You absentmindedly lift the popcorn bowl so he doesn’t knock it over, but continue staring at the screen. He exhales loudly and squirms around, trying to get your attention. For a moment, you forget he’s there, and set the popcorn bowl back down, on top of his face. He bats it away and the bowl rolls across the floor. You glare down at him, now you’ll have to clean that up. He blushes and gives you a cheeky grin.

WILL

Usually, you’d both be getting emotional right now, but not tonight. Tonight, you’re lying on top of him, arms around his neck, head resting on his chest, his arms tight around your waist as he gently peppers your jaw line with kisses. You’re feeling tired, all the weight of the week crashing down on you at once. You nuzzle your face into his chest and he holds you tighter, wishing he never had to let go. He leans down and rests his chin on top of your head. You can feel the rise and fall of his chest with each breath he takes. You can feel your heart beating faster and you hope he can’t. But as he places his hand on the back of your head and tangles it in your hair, you’re sure he can. But it doesn’t matter anymore.