Chapter 11

Broken pieces of
A barely breathing story
Where there once was love
Now there's only me
And the lonely

Broken pieces ofA barely breathing storyWhere there once was loveNow there's only me And the lonely

______

For her unusual skills, Transfiguration should have been her favourite subject. But the teacher was Dumbledore. And he was the Head of the Gryffindor House. And Gryffindor House was the worst enemy of the Slytherin one.

Susan wished they had a different teacher, for she wanted to improve her abilities, that she wanted to keep secret from a wizard like Dumbledore.

The teacher's favourite was a Scottish Gryffindor girl from the third year, called Minerva McGonagall.

Susan just hated her more when she saw that her name was on the list of the contestants for the Transfiguration Today Most Promising Newcomer Award. Susan was still too young to join that.

"If she was our same age, I'd have been her greatest rival".

"I thank it's not. You are the best of our year" Ophelia dragged her away from the announcement.

"Transfiguration isn't one of my fave subjects, for obvious reasons" commented Lucretia.

"Even if you like Dumbledore?" Ophelia elbowed her.

Lucretia shuddered "I don't like him. I don't care about any of the professors".

"Oh yeah, my mistake. You like Kettleburn. We had our first class with him yesterday. He's charming, isn't he Susan?".

"I'd say yes. He's just.. Odd?".

Lucretia rolled her eyes "He's not odd, just misunderstood".

"He says we're gonna see a unicorn soon. Who ever saw a unicorn in the last decades here?".

"Maybe this is the lucky time".

Susan would have loved to see one, but she wasn't keeping high hopes, even knowing how much meeting a unicorn would have been fruitful.

After the herbology lesson in the open air, she stopped watching the bushes of roses.

"But he who dares not grasp the thorn, should never crave the rose" a male voice told behind her, then his hand took some blossoms offering to her.

"Why the hell did you have to pick those flowers, Avery? To let me see them dry and die?" She scolded him.

Avery rolled his eyes "Oh, come on. I only meant to be gentle".

"There's no way you can win over her" Lestrange arrived with a cocky smile and took the flowers from his friend's fingers "But this can be helpful with some lovely girls from first year".

Susan knew that Ophelia had a crush on him, but to her it was just a silly game.

First year kids were already acting as they ruled the castle and that was very annoying.