Chapter 25

And I remember when I met him, it was so clear that
he was the only one for me.
We both knew it, right away.
And as the years went on, things got more difficult,
we were faced with more challenges.
I begged him to stay. Try to remember what
we had at the beginning.

He was charismatic, magnetic, electric
and everybody knew it.
When he walked in every woman's head turned,
everyone stood up to talk to him.
He was like this hybrid, this mix of a man who couldn't contain himself.
I always got the sense that he became torn between being a good person and missing out on all of the opportunities that life could offer a man as magnificent as him.
And in that way I understood him
And I loved him, I loved him, I loved him, I loved him.

And I still love him.
I love him.

_______

Susan was staring blankly at the few dim lights that the sunset left behind. And darkness was falling again.
Arms wrapped around her and soft lips pressed on the skin of her neck. She automatically raised an arm and touched his hair.
"Done?" Tom's hot breath tickled her ear.
"Done" she confermed, but deep inside she felt totally shattered "It's over".
"How was it?" He asked softly, his hands and his body trying to wake the usual reactions from her, but she felt totally numb.
"Fast, clean" she tried not think. Her minds couldn't think clearly and she disliked to appear so confused.
Tom made her turn so she could see his excited shining eyes.
"You know what that means".
She did but.. "It can't work. He was willing to die".
He noisily snorted, stepping away from her and looked out of the window pressing a fist against the wall.
"You really disdain the idea of being invulnerable, don't you? I offer you things that common people can't even imagine in their wildest dreams. And you promptly refuse, always".
She stared at him bewildered, guessing he was having again fast swings of his mood "There's no disdain. Just I avoid things that I don't need".
"So what I did was useless according to you?".
"Of course not".
He scoffed "Of course not because you want me to be indestructible so you don't have to worry for me since you can't even bear the idea of me hurt and dying. Just you don't want to allow me the same privilege. Are you scared that if you become immortal I'll stop worry and care for you?".
She rolled her eyes.
"Don't roll your eyes to me" he snapped menacingly.
Susan gave him a hard look "Why do you talk nonsense when the solution to these problems of yours is simply to trust me? I did what you asked me today. I killed for you. And don't blame me if you made him craving for death. I thought I pleased you".
"You did" he said bitterly "But since I had to realize that I welcomed a traitor into my gang, that I had been so blind and merciful to forgive all his previous little mistakes, I hoped I deserved a good reward. But maybe I must stop expecting".
She frowned "Just because one betrayed you, you can't trust anymore? Not even me".
"Why can't you trust me when I tell you that making a horcrux will give advantages to both of us? And yes, once you get betrayed it's hard to trust again" his voice softened "Even if you've been the most loyal person I've ever met".
"If you have doubts on me too, then I think there's a way to give you one more proof of my loyalty. But forget about the horcrux for now".
He stared at her mermerized and she lent him a hand with solemnity "I can take the Unbreakable Vow. Then I can't make any horcrux.  But so you'll have to trust me once and for all".
He pondered the offer, then grabbed her hand, but for pulling her to him and pressing his lips on hers.