Chapter Two - 'After 7.'

He's honestly bugging. I ask you when you're free, and you respond with hi?! Not even a 'how are you'?! I scoffed and showed Julie.

"This is how people get killed." I said as she laughed.

I wanted to text him how I'm going to smack his ass into a different nationality, but composed myself.

'When are you free?' I texted again, surprised when he responded back quickly.

'After 7.'

"Julie, I'm about to strangle him."

She looked up from her sandwich, a piece of tuna stuck to the corner of her mouth. "Why?"

"He's only free after 7."

Julie winked and I rolled my eyes. I want to have as much time to myself during the night for studying, but I guess I have no choice. I was hoping he'd be free during my breaks in between classes.

'Okay. So how about tomorrow night?'

'I have the survey test tomorrow, can we go over my notes right now?'

"Right now...?" I muttered. I guess I have no choice. There's a table and a couple of chairs outside of my dorm, so we can meet there.

'That's fine. Go to Bard and take the elevator to the 4th floor, I'll meet you there now.'

'Okay thanks.'

I slid my phone in my pocket and we finished the rest of our food. Ten minutes later, I was sitting at the table outside of my dorm. I had my old notes in front of me and highlighter in hand. The elevator doors opened and I looked up.

His honey brown eyes stared at me as his eyebrows furrowed. I instantly recognized him, he's on the boy's team. Just like me, he's a prop in the scrum. But I've never actually talked to him before. I've only known him by his rugby name.

Jae Shin sat down in front of me. "Anna?" I nodded. He went into his duffel bag and took out his notebook. "So the test tomorrow is going to be on Early to Late Roman, and the terms are really getting me."

I took out my folder and handed him the sign in for tutoring. "Mind signing this for me? You have to do this before we start each session." He took the pen and signed his name. I put the folder to the side and took out a blank paper.

"To start, what did you get on your first exam?"

"A 47."

I tried not to visibly cringe since I also failed an exam in her class, but still managed to pass with a 3.0. Because survey classes are considered one of the hardest and so many people fail them, they lowered the bar from 3.3 to 3.0 so there could be more tutors.

"Before we go over the terms, how comfortable are you with recognizing pieces, architects, etc..?" He frowned and ran his hand through his hair, "I suck."

"How do you usually study for tests?"

"I listen to music while I write them down, so on the test, I'll play the same music and remember. But it doesn't work for this class since there's so much covered. I don't even know where to start."

Jae Shin seemed so frustrated. He started biting his pen cap and I sighed. I guess we can do 2 hours tonight.

"One sec." I went into my room and looked on my desk for my speaker.