Chapter Four - 'Yes rhanj uou fofn bribhing me home.'

"Alright guys! The boys have a game this Saturday!" bellowed Sera at the team, "Let's show them support and cheer them on. They're going against Albany."

Everyone was silent. Our rugby team is D3, whereas Albany's D2. Reina noticed how uncertain everyone was and instantly got upset. "Division means nothing!" But even her voice seemed uncertain. I hate to say it, but Albany will win.

Saturday came quite slow. I walked over to the pitch with some of the team and saw Albany warming up. Their guys were insanely massive compared to ours. "Damn..." said Jazz, "I'd smash the fuck out of them."

I spotted Jae Shin and the boys doing drills. His hair clung to his forehead as he ran for the ball. "With you!" he cried. Alex looked back and threw the ball too high. Jae Shin jumped up and caught it, causing some of the boys to yell compliments. His smug look was wiped off when he got tackled. He placed the ball and got up.

I looked away. I want to be as good as him, maybe even better.

Thirty minutes later, the game began. In less than a minute, Jae Shin snatched the ball from someone and started running to their try zone. I gasped when the biggest person on their team was headed towards him.

"On your left!" one of the boys yelled, but Jae Shin ignored him.

What is he planning? His legs picked up more speed as he feigned passed the ball, causing the opposing team to be distracted for a quick second. He ran past their biggest person, his legs picking up even more speed by the second.

"Who's with me?!" he yelled.

In a blink of an eye, their biggest guy caught up to Jae Shin and tackled him. A gasp escaped everyone's mouth. My hands gripped my shirt. Before his back hit the ground, he looked back and threw the ball to Kevin.

Kevin caught it and ran past them. Jae Shin panted as he got up. He has to be winded, I know I would be messed up after that. His legs wobbled as he dropped onto his knee. The ref noticed what happened and waited until the ball was passed. He made eye contact with Jae Shin and blew the whistle. Instantly, everyone took a knee.

My head suddenly felt like it weighed nothing. Seeing him like this scared me. Rugby is a dangerous sport, but we're barely two minutes in. Is he okay?! That tackle looked like it would break ribs. "Anna, you good?"

I looked over at Clari, her brown eyes furrowing in confusion.

"I-I... I'm just worried about Jae Shin." she looked over at him and then back at me, "He's fine."

I looked back at him and he was up. He stretched his torso out a little and jogged back to the team. Everyone clapped as the ref blew the whistle again. The game went on.

--

The boys ended up losing 10-15. It wasn't bad, especially since Albany's D2. One more try and we could've tied with them. The teams slapped hands as they passed each other. Even though we knew the boys would lose, it was still sad.

Jae Shin limped off of the field and sat down at a bench. People surrounded him and complimented him, but he still seemed sad. I rubbed my arm and looked around. After a good minute, everyone stopped crowding him and went to other people. His eyes were casted downward. Slowly, I made my way over to him.

"You did pretty good out there."

He flinched and looked up at me. The side of his lips twitched as he sat up. "Did I?"