Chapter Three - 'Thanks lol'

'How did you do on the test?'

'It was kinda hard, but I think I passed 😪'

'Nooooo! You know you passed!'

'Thanks lol'

I put my phone away and continued my graphic design work. This class—although hard at times—is very chill. Professor Olafur doesn't believe in 4.0's, so that's one of the main downfalls. His reason behind it? 'Everyone has something to learn.' Out of his 24 years of teaching graphic design, he's only given out three 4.0's.

"Anna, can you help me?" I looked over at Melissa's work as she continued, "I don't really know how to use the burn tool."

My phone vibrated again. I took it out and rolled my eyes.

'You never gave me that song.'

"Sorry." I said as I put it back in my pocket, "So what you want to do is..."

An hour later, class was done. I headed to the union to get breakfast.

'The song is we never met, but can we can meet for coffee or something by in love with a ghost.'

'Wtf kind of name is that 😭'

'A good one 🙄'

'Wooooow'

He's definitely from the city.* I got my breakfast and headed back to my dorm. I didn't even know why I was so tired. I put the food on my desk and set my alarm for 1 hour.

--

Around 4:45, I met up with Clari and Jazz. We all walked over to the pitch. We have practice from 5-7, so we try to arrive 5 minutes early to put our cleats on. As we were walking, I looked over to the boy's side and saw Jae Shin and some other guys talking. His lips slowly pulled into a smile as he let out a laugh.

"It looks like it's gonna rain." I said as I looked away.

The sky was a mixture of blues and light grey. The smell of rain was in the air; it felt damp. I could almost feel my hair frizzing up from it.

"I checked the weather, we'll be fine." responded Jazz.

Yet, her lying ass app was wrong. We got drenched in the middle of practice. I was so mad because my hair got wet and I just washed it. Shea Moisture and Cantu products are life, but they're the death of my pockets.

By the end of practice, we all were shivering and eager to leave the pitch. I changed out of my cleats and shoved them into my duffel bag. Without asking if anyone wanted to walk over together, I slung my duffel bag over my shoulder and started speed walking my dorm.

I saw my breath in front of me. Everything was drenched, so no matter how hard I rubbed my arms, I was still cold. I already wasn't in a good mood and honestly wanted to go straight to bed.

"Anna!" I looked back and saw Jae Shin running to me.

He, like everyone else, was drenched from head to toe. His hair clung to his face for dear life. What confused me the most was when he broke out into a smile. How could you smile when everything is so nasty? I stopped in the middle of the parking lot and waited for him. Finally, he caught up.