Loving A Vampire Chapter 19

Loving A Vampire

Chapter 19

I felt my body move through space and time for a second and when I opened my eyes we were standing in a dark alley.

"Where are we this time?" Kaleb asked taking in our surroundings.

"I used to live here when I was young, we moved because the crime was picking up drastically. I'm sure it will be easy to find somebody around here". I answered.

"Ok, let's check it out" Kaleb said taking my hand and leading me out of the alley way we were standing in.

I followed him down the street where we stopped at an old abandoned house.

"In here" Kaleb said and we entered the house without making a sound. We headed upstairs and came to a stand in front of a closed door.

"There's about five inside, I can feel their all bad so just go for anyone, feed as much as possible, we need to be at our strongest". Kaleb whispered softly before he kicked open the door.

There were two old guys sitting in a corner playing cards. A middle aged guy lying on the floor asleep and a young couple making out against the wall.

"What the fuck!" The old guy playing cards yelled taking in the expressions on our faces. He jumped up but before he was even on his feet Kaleb had his hands around his neck. He grabbed the other guy with his free hand and pushed them both against the wall. I was so intrigued by watching Kaleb that I forgot that I was suppose to feed for a second.

"Grab them" Kaleb said turning to me and causing me to snap back to reality. The couple that was making out was trying to sneak past me but I was much faster than them. I closed the distance between us in a split second grabbing the guy by his arm and sinking my fangs into the woman's neck. The guy was screaming and struggling but all his efforts were for nothing.

When I was done drinking her blood I let her limp body fall to the ground and refocused my attention on Kaleb for a second. The one guy was already lying on the floor, he was weak but still alive. I'm really going to have to learn not to kill people when I'm feeding I thought to myself turning back to the guy I was holding in my hand.

He looked terrified and I couldn't blame him since he just watched me drink his girlfriend's blood.

"Please don't" He begged. I didn't bother answering, there was no point considering he would probably be dead in a minute. I opened my mouth and sank my fangs into his neck sucking hard. I tried to stop before I killed him but unfortunately for him I couldn't get it ringt. I drank until he had no more blood left in his body and then I threw him to the floor wiping my mouth.

Kaleb was watching me with his gorgeous blue eyes.

"You can have him" He said referring to the guy that was sleeping when we entered the room. He was sitting against the wall now mumbling to himself.

"No, you can, I've had enough" I said not feeling like I could drink anymore. Kaleb only drank some of his victim's blood leaving them alive so I am sure he needed it more then I did.

Kaleb let his eyes linger on me for a while before pulling them away and focusing on the guy. He jumped into the air landing on him and sinking his fangs into the guy's neck. He was so quick that a normal person wouldn't even have seen what had happened. He was graceful yet lethal. He drank until the guy started going blue in his face and then pulled out his fangs leaving the guy alive.

"How do you do that?" I asked referring to the way he didn't kill his victims.

"It's difficult but I've had a long time to practice" He replied grinning at me.

"Won't they remember what happened?" I asked scared that they would expose us.

"They won't remember a thing, I kind of hypnotize them to forget while I'm feeding".

"You have to teach me how to do that".

"I'll teach you anything you want to know" Kaleb replied slipping his arms around my waist and leaning in to kiss me.

We stood like that kissing for a few minutes and then everything went black for a second. When the world came back into focus I could see that we were standing in a forest opposite a strange looking shop.

"I really can't feed anymore" I said looking at Kaleb.

"Me neither, were just going to that shop quickly"

"Oh, ok" I said taking his hand as we crossed the road to the shop.

It was a witchcraft shop. It was full of books, potions and things I couldn't name.

We went through the books stacking the ones that looked helpful on the counter. Kaleb added a few jars of powder and liquids to our pile and then looked the old woman behind the counter straight in the eyes.

She looked scared but then her expression changed to nothing and she told us that we could have the stuff for free. We took our things and headed back into the woods where Kaleb put his arms around me and teleported us back to the Crypt.

"That's really cool" I said throwing the books and jars onto the bed.

"What?" Kaleb asked looking distracted. He was going through one of the books.

"The way you make people forget and do what you want them to" I replied wrapping my arms around him.

"Do you want to know what is really cool?" He asked with a grin on his face.

"Yea, why don't you tell me" I replied playing along.

"I would rather show you" Kaleb replied grabbing me and jumping onto the bed with me in his arms.

I pushed him over on the bed so that I was sitting on top of him.

"What's all this stuff for anyway?" I asked peaking up one of the jars and examining it. It smelled like human bones.

"It's the stuff we need for the spell to keep Virgil out" Kaleb replied rolling me over so that he was on top again.

"Did you find a spell?" I asked after a lingering kiss.

"Yes, in one of the books, It will work perfectly" Kaleb answered as he started placing kisses down my neck.

"Shouldn't we do it then?" I asked

"Later, there is something else I want to do right now" Kaleb replied pulling off my shirt.