»part 13 » april 3rd

It was April 3rd.

Friday, April 3rd.

To most people it was just another Friday and just another April 3rd.

But for me, this day was something different.

Not many people knew about April 3rd or its significance except one person. One very special person who made my heart race.

April 3rd wasn't just any day. It was my day.

I had a skip in my step, a flutter in my chest, and a smile plastered on my face as I stepped out of Mandy's shower.

Optimism was buzzing through my body as I wiped the condensation away from the foggy mirror with my hand. I looked at the girl who was different from who she was a year ago. My dark brunette hair fell to my mid back, my cheeks were flushed a bright pink from the shower, my eyes were still plagued with deep bags but they had a different shine to them. The thing I noticed most? The bruised crimson spots that marked my lower neck all the way to my chest before they met my breasts. Lip.

I traced some of the spots with my fingers as I smiled softly. I counted them. Five. There were five different spots that Lip made his mark on. Five different spots that made me feel the same ecstasy.

Attached.

That's what Lip and I were.

Attached at the hip.

Attached at the joints.

Attached at the lips.

He moved, I moved.

I moved, he moved.

We followed each other around like we were satellites. Like we were magnets. Our fields were drawn to each other that the moment we were apart it felt wrong. Cold.

It was like our chemicals were meant to mix.

Months had passed since the Bobby beat down and things were back to normalcy. Well as normal as things were for destructive Cash and delinquent Lip. I was consistently ditching class and Lip was ringing in a lot of money since it was SAT and ACT season.

My business was picking up too. Somehow word got out around school that I beat the shit out of Daren with a baseball bat so now everyone's afraid to mess with me. Apparently I almost "killed him". Of course they're all exaggerating but I would never deny it. That just made people take me more seriously.

Tim (or was it Jim?) got delayed on his start date for his new job so my mother hasn't left yet but she still tries to contact me every chance she gets. If only she got the hint. Until then, I ignore her calls.

Ian and Kash? Turns out Kash is a fucking prick (called it), and Ian is fucking Mickey Milkovich (who would have thought!). He seems happy, which is all I care about.