15

Ch.15

After getting dressed and walking down the stairs I found Kevin on his couch. He was facing away from me but he heard me coming closer. "I left the food the cook a bit. Want to watch-" he turned towards me looking me over. I hot blush covered my face seeing him turn speechless. His eyes moved over my body slowly. "You....look........" He let his words hang in the air looking stuck.

I gave him an encouraging looked hopping he didn't stop like last time. It was nerve racking waiting. "You look.....adorable." He cracked a silly smile showing me he's teasing.

I rolled my eyes at him not being able to suppress my smile either. I went and set beside him pulling my legs up like before.

He turned back to the t.v. "What do you want to watch?"

I shrugged. "Is Criminal Minds on?"

He searched the channels before finding an episode. I smiled knowing this one. The killer was the fire man. I can wait to see Kevin's reaction to that. "Since you're suspended for a week what are your plans?"

I thought it over and shrugged. "I went shopping already. I'm single again. Smokys set for the week. I have absolutely nothing to do."

Kevin nodded and shrugged a little. "Maybe we could.....go out to eat again....tomorrow."

I kept my reacting under control. "Like.....another, not a date, date?"

He licked his lips and cleared his throat. "Ah.......yeah, yeah another....not a date, date. If you want of course."

I smiled brightly and nodded before setting my head on my knees. Kevin looked happy and relived. He smiled too and got up to get the food. I felt giddy that he asked me out again. I couldn't help but hope he'll start seeing me as someone date-able soon. I hate that he keeps me at a distance. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be better.

Kevin came back catching my attention. "The foods done."

I got up and followed him in the kitchen. I saw he already made bowls of soup and couldn't wait to taste it. It looked creamy and had shrimp. I do love shrimp. We took our seats and started eating. My mind was blown. It was delicious!

"Winter." I gave my attention to Kevin not caring about the soup falling from my lips. He chucked at me making me blush. "I just want to make sure that your alright. After I got angry the other day I shouldn't have reacted like that. Did I....did I hurt you at all? Your back hit the door a little hard." He looked worried and a bit guilty.

I smiled a little at him and shook my head. "No I was fine."

He nodded not looking fully convinced. We went back to eating. The silence was relaxing and I felt at peace. I glanced at Kevin and loved how he looked so calmed. His eyes looked like honey even if he wasn't looking at me. I moved my eyes away not wanting to get caught. Once the food was done we went back to the couch. It was getting late but I didn't care. I haven't felt this at peace in days. A yawn fell from my lips catching Kevin's attention. "Are you tired?"

I shook my head. "No I'm fine."

He nodded not believing me. Not even a hour later and I was asleep. I could feel my body being shaken but couldn't find it in myself to wake up. I just snuggled more into the sudden heat that fell on me. I felt like I was flying. Weird.

------------------

I blinked slowly as I sat up. I looked around for a second before frowning. This wasn't my bed.

I blinked a little more and got out the warm bed. It took a second but then I realized I was in Kevin's room. I covered my mouth at my stupidness. Did he carry me up here? When did I fall asleep? Where is he?