Fanfics

By: kathiel12

So, what is a fanfic?  Fanfic is short for fanfiction and basically it means that it's a story that revolves around original characters and settings written by a fan and not by the original creator.  

Some others love it and encourage it, others reject it and others are simply indifferent by fanfic writers.  Most fan fiction writers assume that their work is read primarily by other fans, and therefore presume that their readers have knowledge of the canon universe.    The two largest fanfic sites known are Fanfiction.net and ArchiveofOurOwn.  

Can you guess the first fanfic works ever made?  Well, I write fanfics for that franchise, so I should know.  The first fanfic ever was created by Star Trek fans.  ( I write the Star Trek Fanfics here although they are all written for the moment for Spanish Speakers only: BellaUhura : https://www.wattpad.com/user/BellaUhura)

The first was called Spockanalia and it was published on 1967 and sold at very low prices in the Star Trek conventions

The first was called Spockanalia and it was published on 1967 and sold at very low prices in the Star Trek conventions.  Most of the authors of were women.  Nowadays we know that there are practically fanfics about all sorts of movies, bands and books and it's proliferated with the internet.  

Fifty Shades of Grey is modern example of a Fanfic written by E.L. James.  The title of the book was originally The Master of the Universe, but after its success she pulled it out and renamed the story and all of the characters for publication.

Amazon.com also provides a publishing service called KindleWorlds where Fanfic writers can publish the authorized worlds and get paid.  To learn more about KindleWorlds you can google it or go here: https://kindleworlds.amazon.com/

Wattpad also has a Fanfiction Club.  You can find it here:

https://www.wattpad.com/club/10-fanfiction

Hope you enjoyed the article.  Thanks for reading.  Take care!

**********************************************************************************

Biography: Taken from Wikipedia