Trapped (Chapter 6)

CHAPTER SIX

Serena awoke feeling like something was off.

Her eyes popped open and adrenaline pumped through her as she tried to figure out what had changed.

Then she realized she wasn't alone on her side of the vehicle.

A warm body was against hers, and as she was about to scream, she recognized the familiar feel of an erect organ against her.

"Steven?" she whispered shakily as common sense filtered through.

She figured it had to be him spooning her since the last thing she remembered was him coming to the back of the vehicle to stretch out for his sleep, lying on the seats opposite her once again.

"Yeah," Steven said in a way that made her blood rush even faster. His breath was warm against her neck.

He sounded very much awake, yet his voice had a low, heavy quality to it.

Serena didn't know what she expected when she called his name, but the confirmation of his proximity—and the meaning of the erection against her—terrified her.

"Steven, what are you doing here?" she asked quietly and calmly, trying not to give away the panic racing through her and failing miserably as her voice trembled.

"I can't stay away from you," he said as calmly as she had wanted to sound.

Serena knew that if her voice hadn't betrayed her, surely the jackhammer beat of her heart had—with Steven's nearness, there was no way he couldn't know that her heart was about to beat out of her chest.

He had to know he had aroused something in her, even if he couldn't know for sure if it was fear, anger or desire.

"You're scaring me," she said, just managing to squeeze the words out into something audible.

"I'm sorry," he said, his voice fuller and sounding almost sincere. "I don't mean to this time. It's just...I have to have you near me at all times for your own safety, but being so close to you—it's doing a real number on me, Serena. It's like my brain shuts down and some kind of biological imperative kicks in..."

His hand found her thigh and slowly moved up, making her body come alive even more.

Her eyes widened as if they could help her take in the extra oxygen she so desperately needed, despite the huge chunk of air she had just sucked in at his touch.

Then his voice crawled into her ear again, and her blood rushed faster.

"Do you remember how you felt when you came into this vehicle and saw all that food in front of you after nearly starving to death?" he asked, his voice back to an almost-growl. "Now imagine you had come in here, and before you was a sizzling piece of steak. How much control would you have had then?"

His hand was still working its way over and around her thigh, and she felt his pelvic area close in on her in a brief thrust, his hard cock reminding her of its presence.

"I saw you with those granola bars—you wolfed down food like you hadn't eaten in weeks—which, maybe you hadn't. Well, Serena, I'm famished. I haven't 'eaten' in weeks and right before me is a juicy steak..."

"Please..." she couldn't help saying, feeling like some sort of clock had run out.

"I'm trying, Serena," he said, his hand squeezing her leg, "I'm fighting it as much as I can, but combined with the way I feel about you..."

"What are you talking about?" she asked, suddenly wondering if he meant something beyond the obvious.

"I...I have to have you," he said, flipping her onto her back as he positioned himself over her.