Interview with contest winner @iNkCr0w

The winning entry in my 2017 fan art contest was an amazing line art of Westman and Sophie by Ktrina aka @iNkCr0w . Ktrina has been on Wattpad since 2014, and according to her profile, she likes strawberries, anime, and illustrating her friends' stories.

Q. Have you published any stories on Wattpad, or do you plan to?

A. I haven't published any stories on Wattpad, but I do plan to in the near future. Hopefully. I have a lot sitting on my desktop waiting to see the light of day, but I also have a lot of second thoughts that prevent me from hitting the publish button.

Q. Your entry in the contest was fantastic, how long have you been drawing?

A. I've been drawing since I was eight years old, right from the moment I drew an OC for a dinky story that was actually called 'fanfiction'.

Q. I noticed your art style is very Japanese. Has anime/manga influenced your style?

A. My art style is most definitely manga/anime influenced! Whenever I read a new series, I find that my sketches tend to adopt a bit of the artist's style, especially if I haven't drawn in a while.

Q. How do you get inspired to draw/write?

A. I daydream a lot, so I usually end up drawing when the mood strikes. Otherwise, I draw when I come across something beautiful because I want to capture it the way I see it.

Q. Do you have art ambitions for the future?

A. An ambition of mine is to draw alongside concept artists for Disney or Marvel Studios. But since I know squat about animation or storyboarding, I think I'll just hone my skills on commissions in the seasons ahead.

Q. I love how you captured London Shadows in your artwork. What was it about the story that most inspired your drawing?

A. At first, I had no idea what to draw for the fan art contest; I really wanted to portray London Shadows in all its glory, to the best of my abilities! When the clock struck 2:56 AM, I realised - why not just draw all the parts of the story that stood out to me? From Didius to the Penderrys' gig, I hoped to show aspects of adventure in London Shadows at a glance.

Q. Do you have a favourite character in the Penderry's Bizarre series? If so, who and why?

A. Admittedly, I've only read London Shadows from the Penderry's Bizarre series, so my current favourite character is Blinks! I love supporting characters as much as I love the main ones, and I adored the way Blinks brought comic relief to the story.

Q. Just for fun, if you and Freddie Westman had to fight a supernatural enemy, what would your special skill and weapon be?

A. Westman and I facing a fiend.... Erm, that's a rather hard scenario LOL. If I haven't died prematurely, then I guess my special skill would be agility. My weapon would be anything within reach - a stick would do, really (I have absolute faith that a screaming idiot is as equally dangerous as a professional killer in dire situations).

Q. Your top book recommendations on or off Wattpad?

A. I haven't found any great reads other than London Shadows on Wattpad. It'd be good to try Cassandra Clare's 'The Infernal Devices' series if you want similar genres. If not, how about the Young Adult novels 'Beastkeeper' by Cat Hellisen; 'The Book of Ivy' by Amy Engel; 'Rebel, Bully, Geek, Pariah' by Erin Lange; the Embassy Row novels by Alley Carter or Kathy Reichs's Virals series. For a more mature read, I'd recommend 'The Night Circus' by Erin Morgenstern :D

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Ktrina! If you'd like to check out more of Ktrina's art, you can find her on Deviant art at inkcr0w.deviantart.com or look for k.ktrina on Instagram! She'd welcome your feedback.