Catherine- Fallen

Chapter 1

Fallen

"Hey gorgeous, where you going?" Away from you i thought. 

Don't you always hate that? When you're minding your own business and someone decides to take notice of you? Excuse me, but i wasn't a pro at being unnoticed for nothing. Especially in all the wrong ways. 

A perpetual persistence of mine was the inevitable outbreak of wrongdoings. In this world, no one notices you unless you do something noticeable. In my case, i was that homeless girl with the ripped jeans and ugly o'l ruck sake. To these guys, i was the girl walking alone in the middle of no where. A perfect opportunity they think.

Everyone has a story and here is mine.

Next thing i know, the silence fills my mind with a thousand thoughts, all shouting at once. Do this and do that, but all I needed to do was to stop those noises and return to silence. A slight buzzing against my ears kept me sane; it let me know I wasn't losing my mind. The tiny ticking of the watch, wrapped around the wrist of a man, let me sustain consciousness of my surroundings.

Frozen solid against the ground, all I could feel was the tough blows to my ribs as the air escaped my lips. A cold breeze that every other day would come back, but this time it had flew away with the rest of me. It wouldn't surprise me if passing out right now, was the last thing I do, before I wake up not knowing where I am again. Not knowing what's going to happen to me next. Of course, it was winter time, one of the worst seasons of the year, thus, being in England, the constant rain and wind wasn't anything new.

Honestly, running away from these guys while flipping them off wasn't the best idea. But hey, what do i know?

Apart from surviving through the cold, dusky nights, living on the streets was simple. There were a number of rules you would live by:

1) Find as much newspapers as possible, stuff them in your jacket and keep warm.

2) Don't trust other people who are in the same situation, they're fighting for survival just as much as you are, they will do absolutely anything to survive, such as stealing and making sure you don't have a head start.

3) don't give up on hope, when you've lost everything, hope is the one thing you can rely on. You find hope beyond the destruction of society as well yourself, in wishful thinking that 'things will get better'. Yet, for those who conquer their dreams, they're the lucky ones.

This wasn't the first time I'd been in this situation. Actually, it was a common thing. Throughout my life I've taken blows to the stomach, to my face and to my entire body, it wasn't anything new to me. Being beat up isn't the worse possible thing for me no more, it's before. Call me insane, but the moment the air escapes my lips, and the moment it comes back, it feels like I'm escaping with it. That tiny piece of air lets me escape from this world we call home, allowing me to forget.

It wasn't always like this; I was a happy young girl who had dreams and aspirations. I was someone you'd like to think as the cool best friend, who was good at sports and being there for her friends. The class clown who decided playing a prank on the teacher was more entertaining than learning a stupid maths equation.

Now I'm just nobody, living on the streets trying to defend myself from- well, from this. I hadn't showered in days (disgusting i know) and the last time my body touched water was when I took a quick dip in the river. I'm not exactly living a high class, Hollywood life or living in a five star hotel, but this was all I had left. A couple of shirts and jeans inside a huge ass rucksack, along with a few bottles of water, and a packet of crisps I had stolen from the corner shop, and a few covers to keep me warm at night.