Catherine- Drunken Whispers

Chapter 3
(Trigger warnings)

Drunken Whispers

The hill wasn't the only memory that seemed to pop into my mind, while i stood still looking into the freezing cold water below me, the droplets of rain splashing against it fiercely. I seemed to remember the night i truly recognized what i had become. The night my so called 'friends' who had saved me from the streets, turned out to be the biggest mistake i've made yet. All these memories wouldn't stop flashing threw my brain, so i let them in.

The sounds of drunken cheers filled the room, as lights began to flicker between the sweaty bodies grinding around me. There, I found the sexiest girl, dancing alone to the beats from some dance track, running her hands across her entire figure. The room was dark as the lights flashed and bounced against the bodies inside of this small club. I had found this place with my friends on the way to some meeting outside of Essex. The people in here were crazy: parties, sex and drugs.

After a night of roaming the streets looking for a good night out with the rest of my gang, I finally found the perfect place. I felt incredible, with my red checkered shirt buttoned up and my ripped black jeans showing off my smooth legs underneath. Around my neck, was a black tie hanging there. To me, it was the one I had stolen from town with my friends, to everyone else; it was the sexiest tie around the sexiest girl in here, according to my friends anyway.

The lights flickered against the lids of my eyes, sweat dripping from my forehead at the intensity of the heat, before rubbing it off with the hem of my shirt, deliberately showing off my toned stomach. My full fringe had been a victim to the sweat and swept to the side in a swift motion, making my view clearer as I stared at this girl. Indeed, she was gorgeous. It has been ages since I had slept with anyone, and this girl would make my frustration, disappear. The girl I had been eyeing the entire hour I had been here finally darted her eyes towards me, smirking in my direction as she danced her way over. Within a second, she was grinding her ass against the crotch of my jeans. I instantly bit my lip as I felt her move closer to me, wrapping her arms around my neck as her back touched my stomach. My head lowered into her neck, kissing her smooth skin. I smirked as I heard a slight moan escape her lips.

I thought about life a lot over the past few years, I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing anymore. I just sort of, went with it. After years of running away from home to home, shelter to shelter. I finally found the luck I had been missing my entire life. When I left Coventry, I ran as far as I could, mainly hitching rides from total strangers as I was determined to get as far as possible, until I came across the perfect disaster of my life. However, I didn't know at the time it would turn my life upside down.

'Hey stranger, you need a ride?' I heard from my left. I had been walking the roads for around five miles now, I hadn't a clue where I was but I just kept walking. After I packed my bags and left Coventry, I took to the road and didn't stop. But now, after five miles, I was starting to feel the stress on my legs and the heat on my back. I did love summer, but the heat wasn't helping on a day like this. I didn't want to leave Catherine, but I knew deep down inside she was better off without me. Better off without someone who fucked up their life every chance they got. Yet, I was determined to find somewhere different. Somewhere I could be someone else and no one would care because they didn't know me.

Now, here I was searching the roads for somewhere to stop off and refresh myself. Instead, I found something better. I turned and looked down the road to where I had been walking this entire time and frowned. Although I was determined to pack my bags and leave this place, I knew that deep down inside, I left something important behind. Something that- out of everything that's happened- made me the happiest girl alive. People must think I'm crazy leaving her. The thing is, she is better off without me, I cause too much trouble. I'm a walking disaster. I turned back sighing as I stared into the car at this random stranger. He didn't look like he'd harm me in any way, and even if he tried I'm pretty good a protecting myself from strangers. He raised an eye brow as I stared into the empty seat of his car. His car was black, I didn't know what type of car this was (I didn't know much about cars) but it was pretty nice. I looked down the road one more time before smiling at the guy.