three

you build me up like building blocks just so you can bring me down

(age//13-14)

"haz!" niall yelled from across the school hallway, students glancing at the irish boy in annoyance for being so loud.

the curly headed boy in the lavender jumper looked over at his best friend and grinned, "hey niall." harry smiled and the two hugged.

it was the first day back from winter break and so far it was going good. niall and harry weren't able to have sleepovers during their break due to the blonde spending it in ireland with his family.

niall pulled away and looked at harry's hand that held a small blue birthday bag. "what's the bag for?" he asked with curiosity.

harry's cheeks flushed pink and he hugged the birthday bag close to him, "it's for louis- you know his birthday is during break."

niall sighed and smiled at his friend. the bleached blond knew about harry's crush on louis, he just didn't want his best friend to get hurt.

"when are you going to give it to him?" niall picked up his backpack that he dropped from off the floor and slid it on his shoulders.

"i was thinking about giving it to him before class started but i might do it at lunch." harry replied and gently swung the small bag besides him.

"why don't we go find him and you could give it to him now?" niall grabbed harry's free hand and began to walk the opposite way

"are you sure? class is about to start." harry pointed out, trying to keep up with niall's fast pace.

"we have a couple more minutes," niall shrugged off. "louis should be in one of these classrooms." he mumbled to himself as he looked into the open rooms.

"we don't have to do this right now, ni." the green eyed boy spoke. "ah, here we go." niall ignored harry and pulled him into a classroom where a familiar boy sat.

louis was alone in the classroom, his head was facing down at his phone with earbuds plugged in.

he didn't notice the two boys entering the classroom and jumped when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

louis looked up at the blond and pretty boy in front of him with furrowed brows and removed the earbuds.

"what?" louis asked with annoyance at the two. niall pushed the green-eyed boy forward.

"i just wanted to give you this s-since your birthday was during break." harry spoke with pink cheeks, handing the bag over to louis.

louis face soften as he took the blue bag in surprise, "uh, thank you." harry nodded, "i hope you like it."

louis was about to respond until niall was heard. "i forgot you were here." the chestnut haired boy blurted out, getting a glare sent his way from the irish thirteen-year-old.

"whatever louis," niall huffed and turned to face harry," the bell's about to ring haz, we should get going now."

harry was about to complain but stopped when he remembered that louis was right in front of him. "okay then."