Chapter 1

My mother gripped my hands tightly, and it felt as if she was never going to let go

My mother gripped my hands tightly, and it felt as if she was never going to let go. I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable seeing as people had
started to stare.

"Mother, I think I'll be fine." I spoke swiftly, still looking around to see if anybody was still staring. They were.

She pulled away from me and wiped a tear from her eye.

"I know sweetheart. I know, but it's not everyday your little girl transfers all the way from Ilvermorny to Hogwarts. You're going to be more than a thousand miles away." Mother stressed.

I glanced at the train whose whistle had already blown once.

"Don't worry. I'll write every week." I promised. I grabbed my trunk and my owl, Darcy's, cage.

"I have to go now or I'll miss the train. Bye!" I exclaimed before running off to the train.

I looked back to my mother who was waving at me, then I quickly got on the train before I had the thought of running back to her.

I took a deep breath before entering into the hallway the compartments were at.

A sea of unfamiliar faces clouded my vision as I tried to find an empty compartment. My face visibly showed my distress as I looked desperately for somewhere to sit.

I opened one door of a compartment that looked empty to see a young girl and a platinum-haired boy sitting together. The girl was snuggled up to him while the boy looked awfully uncomfortable.

The girl's head shot up, revealing her pug-like features. She glared at me.

"Did no one ever teach you to knock?" She sneered.

I apologized then quickly shut the door and ran far from that compartment.

By the time I reached the end of the train I decided I would just sit in the hallway. It'd be easier and more roomy to do that.

I set my trunk down against the wall and placed Darcy's cage next to it. I plopped down with them and pulled out a book.

Hogwarts a History. My mother made me get that book so I could know Hogwarts more.

I flipped through the pages, sucking in the information.

Suddenly, a small toad hopped into view with no owner in sight. I looked at it curiously before scooping it up in my hands.

"Who do you belong to?" I asked it. It croaked, but of course, I don't don't speak toad.

I chuckled lightly before returning to my book, still holding the toad close to me so I could return it to its owner later.

Slowly I began to drift off. My head bobbing as if I was listening to music, until I slumped over in sleep.

—————————()——————————