Prologue.

The war between the Azuralites and the Necrophan have lasted for hundreds of years.

The Azuralites rule the skies, their major advantage. Blue-skinned, white-winged with white hair to match.

Protecting the lands from complete destruction, the Azuralites fight. Outsmarting the Necrophan is not a hard task, and that's exactly how they have been able to hold off the Necrophan for so long.

The Necrophan are hulking, grey-skinned, death machines. Standing tall, even the smallest Necrophan would tower over any other race in the land. Their strength and competence in battle make them a fearsome foe, it would be suicide to take them on in a fair fight. If their abilities did not scare you, their grotesque features would, prominent brows hang over lifeless sunken eyes, complete with a jutting jaw, allowing tusks to roam across their face. Thick wiry black hair spreads from their head over their shoulders to halfway down their backs.

The Azuralites do not know how they organised or how they could prolong the war with their limited intelligence.

A young Azuralite commander saw an opportunity to end the war.

Scout reports told him the Necrophan army had moved from their homeland.

The invasion force moves in to take out their leader, tonight.

Azuralite Knights take flight to take the fight to the Necrophan homeland.

Leading thousands of Azuralite Knights through the air in the cover of darkness, the young commander, focused on his mission.

He waits until the last moment before diving down to the centre of the island.

The young commander lands on enemy ground first. His heart racing with expectation of battle.

Nothing.

"How could this be?" Hushed voices began.

"Where are they?"

"It's too quiet".

"Take to the sky! Find them!" The Commander shouts to the lean scouts. They aren't as muscular as the Knights, almost malnourished compared. Their skin is a pale blue rather than the dark hue the Knights gained by training under the harsh sun. The feathers of their wings dyed black from the brilliant white they were born with, keeps them from detection when flying at night.

As ordered, several scouts took to the air and within seconds the first fell tumbling onto the commander bringing him to his knees.

"Ambush!" One yelled. But it was too late arrows as large as spears hummed from all directions.
Falling from flight, crawling, scurrying to get out of the way. The Commander winced as he pulled at the large arrow in his leg, pain rushed through his side. Turning, he grabbed his sword and swiped wildly at an arrow aimed at his torso.

The force of another arrow threw his second in command back, her sword caught the commander in his side as she fell.

Blood poured from his side, as he shoots fire from hands defensively.
Death echoed around him still unable to see his attackers.

'I have failed', is all he thought as time slowed watching his people die in front of him. The snow-white colour of his hair reddened on one side by the blood pouring from a wound above his pointed ear.

'It is time! Use the power! Do it now!' The dark voice in his mind ordered.

'But... My people... '

'Are dead. And you will be too if you don't listen!' It urged.

He looked around knowing the last few will fall soon. Someone must have known.

'Did you know!? Did you know this would happen!?' He forced through the telepathy.

'In a way, but now's not the time for this. Use the crystals. Now!' The dark voice cried sending a crack of pain with it.

Shouting with frustration he reaches into the pouch on his belt, withdrew four crystals the same colour as his own skin.

'Cast the spell!' It shouts.

"Damn you!" He snapped out loud. He held the crystals in the palm of his hand and focused on the spell. The blue glow burst around him. Sound shatters in his ears as he falls, the whirling sensation pulses through him as he is pushed and pulled and torn to pieces.

This is intentionally vague, you will need to read more for it to make sense.

The adventure starts on the next page!

JM