Chapter Three: Forrayne.

"Hey! Get up lazy!" Talia tries to wake up Killian but he stretches his wings over his face with a grumble. "That's not going to help." She says laughing.

Killian opens his eyes to see Talia's face in the gap in his feathers. Seeing her laugh made him laugh too. "Okay, Okay I'm up, I'm up."

As Killian gets out of bed, Talia rushes out the room to organise what they are taking on the journey. Killian puts on the leather tunic and ties the blue sash around his waist, he then makes his way into the morning sunlight stretching his arms and wings with a yawn. Before he could finish yawning, he feels a soft thud on the small of his back, feeling annoyed that someone stopped his yawn he turns and snaps, "Hey!" Talia is standing in the doorway with a cheeky smile. He looks down to see a brown satchel at his feet.

"You're carrying that one," Talia says.

Killian bends down to grab the satchel wincing at his side, the night has made him a bit stiff.

"Okay, are we going now?" Killian asks.

"Yeah, in a few minutes," She replies while equipping her quiver and her own satchel. "Just got to say bye to Dad... Where has he gone now?" She looks around.

Noryn trots around the corner holding Talia's bow and a long cylinder piece of wood in the other. Noryn hands the bow to Talia and walks over to Killian.

"I've been making this for you. Can't let you travel unarmed." Noryn hands the piece of wood to Killian. "I would have made you a bow like Talia's, but judging by your physique I can see that you'd be better off with a melee weapon. It's called a Bo staff, six feet long and I cut it at the right time so it bends a little."

Killian examines the staff feeling the grooves, there is an Elvish pattern carved into it similar to Talia's bow.

"I decided to cut the pattern into the staff, rather than burn the pattern in, it should give you more grip."

"Thank you, you've done so much for me I don't know if I could ever thank you properly."

"Make sure my daughter comes home safely."

Will Killian bring Talia home safely?

Find out here:

 www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R9ZXQKX

JM