[5] Hiding

It was when I saw the shared look between Clint and Tony that I began to get freaked out, these two were literally the dream team when it came to being stupid. I kind of didn't want to die as a cat, thank you. They both launched themselves at me but my fast reflexes managed to hurl me away from where I was.

"Ugh, damn cat." Clint groaned while I just sat by his head and watched. Take that, puny humans.

"It's not a cat!" Tony shrieked. "Get it!" My eyes widen at everyone suddenly moving and I bolt towards the fire escape. The window was slightly open to let in the cool night air, so I pushed it open more and bounded down to the lower levels where everyone sleeps. The hallway was dark which meant that FRIDAY was probably just being useless, like she always was. At this moment, I kind of wanted her to be that way so it was a win-win. He he, I'm a ninja. A ninja cat. Ninjat.

I strolled through the hallway until I came over to Sam's room. They would never expect me here, especially when he was hardly here and I'd never been in his room before. I push open the door using my head and close it behind me, making sure I push it enough so that it was exactly how I found it. Damn super heroes wanting to ruin my fun thinking that I'm hydra, I hate when this happens. I crawl under the wooden frame of Sam's bed that was pretty close to the floor, I make my way all the way to the back where it touched the wall. Surprisingly, it was really clean under here.

I didn't really know what I expected to happen because Tony may act like an idiot, but he's still a genius unfortunately. At least I could buy some time before they come storming in here with SHIELD agents galore. Man, I want Phil Coulson to come pick me up, or even Mack or Fitz. Hell, I wouldn't mind Melinda May picking me up since she's so bad ass.

"MISTYYY!" I hear Clint obnoxiously call from down the hallway. "WE AREN'T GOING TO HURT YOU MUTANT LADY!"

"Oh my god, what if she isn't a girl?" I hear Sam whisper loudly.

"OH MY GOD!" I hear Clint reply gobsmacked.

"Shut up." I hear Natasha hiss at them, but more figuratively since I was the Cat here. "Hello? Cat person?" Do they honestly think I'm that stupid? I ain't moving from here, especially when they have no idea I was here.

"She's in Sam's room." Tony calls out.

Asshole.

The door creaks open and many footsteps come into the bedroom. "Why did she pick my room?" Sam muttered. "I hate cat fur." Love you too bby.

Tony gets down onto the floor, which is something he does a lot, and looks straight into my eyes. "Hey Kitty." He says casually. I let out a low greeting that strangely sounded like a growling which made him kind of slide back on the floor, backing away from the opening. "Alright, found it. What do we do now?"

"Get it out." Fury demands to him. Tony goes to grab my leg but I swipe at him, scratching his skin.

"OW, SHE SRATCHED ME!" He shrieked and backed away. "How about YOU GET HER NICHOLAS."

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?" Fury yelled. Oh my god, this was classic. I can't believe none of this stuff was ever included in movies, it's so good.

"I CALLED YOU... DIRECTOR FURY." As the two men began arguing which seemed completely normal, I saw Clint bend down on the other side of the bed.

"Hey, if you come out I'll make sure you aren't hurt. Who knows what the story is with you." I stare at him unconvincingly, but I end up moving forward into his arms so he could pick me up. Tony was backed all the way he could against the wall, Steve standing at his side looking frightened and Natasha only looking on while laughing. Fury was yelling at him, a large vein bulging at his yelling. "Got her." He announced. Everyone stared at me as I sat upright in Clint's arm, just staring unamused at the site.

"Oh, well let's go." Tony runs past everyone and out the door.