[6] Not my Day

"So, what happens now?" I hear Steve ask awkwardly as he watched me. They all surrounded me in a circle so I couldn't escape. Obviously they knew the truth so I just sat there rolling my eyes. If only I could talk and tell them that I had no idea what was going on either. I have no idea what FRIDAY meant when she said I wasn't human, because I am 110% human thank you very much. Obviously you couldn't trust this AI, especially when she's simply not JARVIS but his dumb little sister.

"Lock her up in a cage." I look Fury in the eyes, giving him an 'are you actually serious, or are you just stupid' look. I was a cat. A bloody cat. I couldn't pick up a piece of grass let alone hurt anyone.

"But she's a... cat?" Bucky almost questions. "Whatever it is, they can't really do much."

"I really doubt that she's not a cat, Tony." Sam Wilson speaks up for the first time. "Come one, how can they genetically change someone to turn into an animal?"

"Have you even seen Twilight?" Tony remarks. "One change in a DNA strand can change everything. If it's Hydra, then they could have done anything to it."

I was kind of sick of them calling me an it when I'm obviously a girl. The vet even violated me to make sure of that. I decided to try and take things into my own hands now that they had slightly calmed down. I started meowing and pacing on the spot, looking down the hallway hoping they knew I wasn't trying to escape.

"She's trying to escape!" Clint gasped dramatically.

"Or trying to tell us something, you dick." Natasha scolded him.

"I believe the feline is looking towards the hallway where she was before." Vision told everyone. He moved so that I could get out of the man-made fence and walk down the dark hallway. "I believe that we should follow it." I turn around and sit, waiting for them all to get up and follow me. They only stare back at me until I begin to meow loudly. God, are these people dumb or what? I though the Avengers were supposed to have common sense? They all begin to mutter obscenities and get up. I walk back down to Steve's room and jump up onto his bookshelf where his board games were kept. I begin to paw at the scrabble box until they all come in to inspect.

"The scrabble box? Well at least ve know she can communicate vith us?" Wanda shrugs, coming forward and bringing down the box.

"Get it into alphabetical order so it's easier." Fury demands the group of people. "Quickly, I have things to do." I sit down watching the world's best superheroes argue about where each letter should go and where their home made punctuation marks should go. God these people were killing me, definitely not what I pictured when I thought of Marvel.

"Alright 'Misty'," Tony puts pressure on my 'name'. "What's your real name?" He asks instantly. I use my cat nose to push the letters I want up, going in order of my name. Pretty quickly, the letters are put together to create 'Rachel Thyme'.

"There is no name in the database that matched that name." Fury narrows his eyes at me after quickly typing something onto his watch thingy. Seriously? A watch computer? I roll my eyes and meow at the letters, trying to tell them to put them back so I can write another word.

"Chill," Sam tells me. "We're getting there." I begin to spell out more answers for them. 'D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T    U-N-I-V-E-R-S-E'.

"You're from a different universe." Vision asked amazed. I nod my cat head and they all mutter between each other while Fury still glares at me.

'H-E-L-P    M-E    C-H-A-N-G-E   B-A-C-K' I spell out the plead. If it was too late to go back, I might as well go back to being a plain old human.

"I guess you aren't Hydra since you haven't tried killing us." Bucky says softly. I shake my head repeatedly, pawing at the words again.

"We don't know how to change you back," Tony tells me almost amused. "We don't even know how this happened in the first place." He tells me.

'L-O-K-I-?' I spell out once again but they all shake their heads.

"Thor and Loki are still on Asgard. He wouldn't have been able to do this." Natasha tells me. I sigh and sit down again. This was definitely not my day, was it.