[12] Tests

By the time I was able to get away from everyone, I was tired and hungry since I hadn't eaten since more than 24 hours before. I wanted to get some real human food into my system, so I managed to sneak off to the kitchen, where I was able to snoop through the fridge and get some deliciousness. 

"Hey," I hear from behind me, his familiar voice making me smile and spin around. He leaned against the bench and kept his armed crossed, metal arm on top of his normal one. 

"Hey. Sorry I didn't wake you before I left, I probably could have avoided this huge commotion." I tell him, smiling awkwardly. I had been spending the past couple of weeks cuddling up to this guy as a cat, conscious of what I was doing. Jeeze. 

Bucky laughs but shakes his head. "Nah, don't worry about it. Probably would have happened whether you woke me up first or not. I'm just glad I can finally talk to you and get an answer." I giggle, turning back to grab a fast food container that seemed to be from the night before if I remembered correctly, this will do. 

"You hungry, I'm guessing?" He asks me as he grabbed a glass from the cupboard, filling it with water and facing me once again. 

"Cat food will only go so far." I groan, eating the noodles straight from the box. God, this was better than any of the stuff I ever got. "No offense, but that stuff really sucked."

"Well what could we do." He shrugged. "You were supposed to be a cat." I snort a little at the thought. "It's kind of weird, but you look exactly like I expected you to." He tells me. I blush a little, smiling softly. 

"Really? How so?" I ask. He looks at me and smiles, something that seemed so out of character in my universe, but apparently very common in this one. I think I could get used to it. 

"Not really physical features obviously, although your hair colour matched your fur a little." He begins. "But your mannerisms. As a cat, you also did that thing with your head where you would tilt it slightly when someone was being an idiot. It's cute." I was SQUEALING on the inside. 

Like I wanted to cry.

Bucky Barnes. Smol bean Barnes. Mr BUCKY BARNES was COMPLIMENTING me...

HE CALLED ME CUTE, TAKE THAT FAN GIRLS.

"Uh, thanks." I tell him shyly, trying not to be a big mush with him. "You're actually a lot different to how I imagined your character to be, but it's nice. I like it." I tell him, making him chuckle a little.

"WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE?!" Clint yells as he walks into the kitchen, spotting us standing there talking. "I FOUND THE LOVE BIRDS." I'm grabbed by the arm and shoved into the waiting elevator, the doors closing on me before I could demand him to let me go. 

"What's happening?" I ask Clint, although he just stood there and whistled. 

"Okay, you might be half deaf but I can literally see your hearing aids." I deadpan, crossing my arms. "I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME CLINTON BARTON." He winces and covers his ears. 

"OKAY." He yells back. "I GET IT. NOW STOP YELLING."

"YOU YELLED FIRST." I defended myself, smirking. 

"SHUT UP." He pouts.

"BIRD BRAIN." I yell back, silencing the agent to a glare as he slowly crossed his arms. The elevator opens and I'm once again grabbed and dragged into the lab where I'm forced onto the metal table by a shit load of scientists.

"We just need to do some more tests." Simmons tells me kindly. "It's not common where we know someone who mysteriously turned into an animal." Blood is drawn from me, i'm measured, weighed and I have all my reflexes checked. 

"So explain to us, what happened. Did you eat anything different, see anything..." Tony urges me, looking at his Stark tablet at different files regarding magic and morphing. 

"No, I woke up, went to work, came home from work, watched TV and then went to bed. I ate the same foods I've been eating for years, and I didn't talk to anyone different." I tell him. "I worked alone in an office block, so I knew all my neighbours." 

"This is just weird. I've never seen anything like this before." Simmons turns to Fitz, "This is finally the proof for whole new universes, multiple ones. What if there are other universe-"

"I mean if the Marvel universe is real, then I'm sure some of the DC and other comic universes are real." I tell her. 

"If I may cut in, I'd like to do a full report on you for our database. How about coming back to our headquarters for a while." Phil tells me, holding up his phone.

"The one in-" I see him glance around him and cut myself off. "Wait. Don't worry. Secret, I forgot. I guess so, as long as the Avengers are okay with it since technically they've signed papers to take care of me."

"As a cat." Clint grumbles. 

"Shut it legolas." I tell him, glaring. 

"HA, I SAID THAT!" Tony yells. 

"Just write the report here. I want to keep her here for more tests." Bruce speaks up, looking at my charts. 

"Sure." Phil shrugs. 

"So do you guys have any idea why I'm here? Like, I love you guys and all and I'm trying to keep my fan-girling to a minimum, but I kinda' want to go home." I tell them.

"We'll work it out." Fitz assures me. "Until then... can you tell us more about ourselves?" Everyone's faces looks up at me with hope, looking excited.